Hugh is a Partner in the Innovation department. He is a commercial technology lawyer, with specialist expertise in the the commercialisation of intellectual property rights. Hugh works with clients of varying sizes: from start-ups / spinouts, through SMEs to multinationals.
Hugh is part of our Technology Transactions team, working with tech focussed businesses who operate across a range of sectors, including education, clean and green sectors, as well as clients in the engineering, retail and IT space; providing practical advice in relation to their commercial contracts, including licensing, collaboration, R&D, SaaS, service supply and related contracts.
Hugh is also part of our Virtual General Counsel team working with those clients who require legal support, where they have little no in-house legal function, or specialist legal support where the client's in-house legal team requires it for specific projects.
- Advising on a range of interlinked contracts around the licensing of core patented technology and sourcing of bespoke equipment to service the manufacture of products for use by a multinational business in the food industry
- Drafting and negotiation of an international technology transfer agreement and related product supply agreement in the battery industry
- Advising early stage companies on development of template patent licensing and product supply agreements
- Advising University spinouts on the scope of licences granted by the licensing Universities
- Conducting due diligence reviews on tech / IP contracts for corporate investment / M&A transactions
- Developing and negotiating e-commerce terms and new logistics, warehousing and supply agreements for an international high street appliance brand
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Taylor Vinters LLP
Partner, Knights Plc
Partner, BrookStreet des Roches LLP
Founding Partner, Sipara
Associate, Dallas Brett
Trainee and Associate, Slaughter & May
University of Cambridge (St. Catharine's College), Law degree