Hamza Malik is a Managing Associate in our Employment Team advising on UK Immigration matters.
Hamza's practice covers all aspects of UK immigration law and supports clients with international immigration and global mobility issues. He is known for his in-depth expertise in this area, ranging from day to day advice to complex compliance matters.
His experience includes advising large multinational companies, SMEs, growth companies (including start-up and scale-up operations) and charities & social ventures. The work involves providing day-to-day ad-hoc advice regarding sponsorship, right to work, immigration and naturalisation applications. He also provides strategic immigration advice and regularly conducts training, seminars, and webinars.
- Advising and preparing the post-Brexit immigration policy for a large multinational luxury brand. This includes setting up the policy, training the HR team, creating bespoke templates for efficiency, and ongoing immigration support under the Skilled Worker, Global Business Mobility and Temporary Worker (Interns) routes.
- Delivering a Right to Work project for a global pharmaceutical company for EMEA. Advice included UK and EU advice on Right to Work laws in 28 jurisdictions.
- Advising on a Business Travel project for Schengen states for a multinational manufacturer. This includes advice on Short-Term Business Travel to the EU, and the impact of the UK-EU Withdrawal Agreement.
- Advising various applicants under the Global Talent visa, under the Tech Nation Route. This has also included applicants who have previously been refused.
- Successfully obtaining Naturalisation for the CEO of a Global company, despite significant absences.
- Leading training sessions on Brexit-preparedness.
- Providing strategic advice, obtaining a sponsor licence for a major Offshore Windfarm, and management of their Sponsor licence.
- Advising a major Renewable Energy provider on their UK immigration policy. Obtaining a sponsor licence, and managing their ongoing immigration support.
- Obtaining sponsor licences for various start-up and scale-up companies, enabling them to hire vital talent to the UK.
- Advising on the immigration considerations of Mergers & Acquisitions. Advice on Right to Work in this context, drafting immigration warranties and advising on reporting requirements under the Sponsor Licence guidance.
- Worked on various complex immigration appeals acting as the lead solicitor for various Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, and High Court reported matters. Highly Commended by the Law Society for these appeals.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Associate, Taylor Vinters LLP
Associate, Clarkslegal LLP
Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School,
Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School,
BSc (Hons) Business & Management, King's College London,