Fareed is an Associate in the Intellectual Property Disputes team.
Fareed advises on a variety of IP matters concerning enforcement of trade mark, copyright and related rights, design rights, confidential information, domain names and patents.
Fareed acts for clients across a wide range of sectors, including sport, retail, gaming, technology, media and entertainment.
Fareed enjoys public speaking and debating. He has competed in and won a number of mooting competitions, notably placing first in Landmark Chambers' National Property Law Moot.
- Advising on intellectual property matters, with a particular emphasis on trade mark, copyright and design disputes.
- Managing the enforcement process for a major sports broadcaster in respect of the infringement of Premier League and Champions League broadcasting rights.
- Advising various tech start-ups and venture capital companies on seed funding and protecting IP rights.
- Preparing IP licence agreements and technical services agreements for cross-border joint venture investments.
- International trade mark portfolio management.
- IP due diligence in cross-border transactions.
- Anti-counterfeiting work in conjunction with Border Force and HMRC.
- Advising the Hiscox Action Group in the FCA Test Case before the Supreme Court in conjunction with consolidated arbitration proceedings.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee Solicitor, CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang LLP
University of Southampton, Law