Elizabeth is a Managing Associate in the International Arbitration group, in the Dispute Resolution department.
Her practice focuses on commercial arbitration and investment arbitration. She has been involved in numerous arbitrations governed by the ICC, LCIA, UNCITRAL, as well as ad hoc arbitrations. Her practice covers a range of industries including energy, telecommunications, construction and infrastructure.
Elizabeth began her career at a Canadian litigation firm, working in the area of international arbitration as well as commercial and civil litigation. Elizabeth also completed the Fox Scholarship in London, working for three barristers' chambers specialising in commercial law and international arbitration. She is dual qualified in the UK and Canada.
She works on international pro bono matters relating to human rights and freedom of expression before international treaty-based bodies and UNESCO.
- Representing a foreign-owned company in an ad hoc arbitration against an African government in a dispute over a concession agreement for the operation of a border post
- Representing an Asian company in a commodities dispute governed by the International Cotton Association
- Representing a major European energy provider in a multi-billion dollar ICC arbitration concerning the construction and installation of a nuclear power plant
- Representing a European ship builder in a multi-million euro LCIA arbitration concerning the major refurbishment of an FPSO to be deployed in Brazil
- Representing the lead partner of an international consortium of contractors in an ICC arbitration against a government entity concerning the termination of a construction contract relating to a major rail project in Southern Europe
- Representing a French company in the oil storage sector in an ICC arbitration in the context of a JV dispute
- Representing a Middle Eastern telecommunications company in a pre-arbitral partnership dispute
- Representing a Middle Eastern pharmaceutical company involved in foreign fraud proceedings obtain novel interim injunctive relief in Canada
- Advising a Caribbean government in ICC arbitration in a defense industry-related dispute
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, White & Case LLP, London (Dispute Resolution Group)
Associate, White & Case LLP, Paris (International Arbitration Group)
Associate, Perley-Robertson, Hill & McDougall LLP, Ottawa, Canada (Litigation Group)
Fox Scholar, Scholarship with Middle Temple working as a pupil at Essex Court, Fountain Court, 4 Pump Court
University of Ottawa, LLB, 2010, magna cum laude
McGill University, BA, 2005, Great Distinction
Ontario Bar, 2011
England and Wales, 2017