Eleanor is an Associate within the Competition team in the firm's Dispute Resolution department.
She acts for claimants and defendants across a range of commercial disputes and has particular experience in those under UK and EU Competition Law. Eleanor also has experience of all stages of civil investigations under the Competition Act 1998, including participating in civil and criminal dawn raids.
Prior to joining Mishcon de Reya, Eleanor worked in the Litigation team of a Magic Circle firm and worked as an Executive Case Officer in the Cartels and Criminal Enforcement group at what was then the Office of Fair Trading (OFT). In addition to competition work, Eleanor has experience of general commercial and banking litigation.
- Currently advising a modelling agency in relation to the CMA's investigation into the Association of Modelling Agencies.
- Investigating the distribution of Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicles by a group of dealers, involving infringements including market sharing, price co-ordination and exchange of commercially sensitive information, resulting in an OFT fine of £2.6 million.
- Supporting the OFT team carrying out its investigation into collusive tendering in the construction industry.
- Assisting OFT team in its first major criminal cartel case, launched on the basis of an application for immunity under the Enterprise Act 2002, against British Airways executives.
- Acting for a large Public Sector Buying Organisation in relation to a potential intervention by the then OFT.
- Assisting OFT team investigating pyramid scheme case under the Consumer Protection Regulations.
- Lead Associate advising a major European electronics retailer on strategic dispute resolution options aimed at securing significant recovery of damages in relation to several cartels.
- Lead Associate advising Ocado in relation to its damages claim against MasterCard in the High Court, contending that MasterCard illegally fixed default multilateral interchange fees.
- Advising a major technology manufacturer in relation to assessing potential claims arising out of two European Commission cartel investigations.
- Advising a global bank defending allegations of mis-selling of interest rate swap products linked to Libor.
Recently quoted in World Sports Law: http://e-comlaw.com/world-sports-law-report/article_template.asp?Contents=Yes&from=wslr&ID=1891
Kings College London, PGDip, in EU Competition Law
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Fee Earner, Clifford Chance
Trainee Solicitor, Walker Morris
Executive Officer, Office of Fair Trading
Nottingham Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course
University of Manchester, BA (Hons) Literary Studies and Historical Studies