Charlotte is a Managing Associate in the Funds and Financial Services team and has experience in both UK financial services regulation and funds-related matters.
Her financial services experience is broad, encompassing the perimeter of regulation including: advising unregulated entities and individuals on whether they need to become authorised; the marketing of financial products; appointed representative arrangements; interpretation of the FCA Rules and Guidance; and advising on UK anti-money laundering and proceeds of crime legislation. She also regularly advises on the consumer credit regime and regulated mortgages.
In terms of her funds experience, Charlotte advises investors and onshore and offshore investment fund managers in relation to real estate, private equity and venture capital funds, in connection with a broad range of matters, including: fund formation and on-going operational and regulatory matters - including under the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive; co-investments; and internal reorganizations. She also advises on the establishment and restructuring of UK investment managers and investment advisers.
Charlotte is described in The Legal 500 as "able and thorough".
- Advises on marketing requirements under AIFMD and the English financial promotion rules.
- Regularly advises on compliance with the UK Money Laundering Regulations 2007 and the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
- Undertakes regulatory analyses of collective investment schemes and alternative investment funds, and responds to FCA enquiries in respect of the same.
- Advises on the perimeter of regulation, including in relation to consumer credit issues and crowdfunding.
- Advises in relation to FCA approved person applications and change of control.
- Drafted 'Crowdfunding Guide for Social Ventures' - a legal guide providing insights into crowdfunding as an alternative fundraising tool for social ventures.
- Established various real estate and private equity funds via limited partnership structures.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Trainee, Mishcon de Reya
BPP Law School, Holborn LPC
University College London, Law (LLB)