Charlotte is a Managing Associate in the Funds and Financial Services team and regularly advises on investment funds and UK financial services regulation. Her financial services experience is broad, encompassing the perimeter of regulation (including advising unregulated entities and individuals on whether they need to become authorised), the marketing of financial products, appointed representative arrangements, interpretation of the FCA Rules and Guidance and advising on UK anti-money laundering and proceeds of crime legislation.
Charlotte also advises a number of onshore and offshore investment fund managers in respect of unlisted funds, including in relation to obligations under the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive.
Charlotte is a mentor for the start ups taking part in MDR LAB.
- Advises on marketing requirements under AIFMD and the English financial promotion rules.
- Regularly advises on compliance with the UK Money Laundering Regulations 2007 and the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
- Undertakes regulatory analyses of collective investment schemes and alternative investment funds, and responds to FCA enquiries in respect of the same.
- Advises on the perimeter of regulation, including in relation to consumer credit issues and crowdfunding.
- Advises in relation to FCA approved person applications and change of control.
- Drafted 'Crowdfunding Guide for Social Ventures' - a legal guide providing insights into crowdfunding as an alternative fundraising tool for social ventures.
- Established various real estate and private equity funds via limited partnership structures.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Trainee, Mishcon de Reya
BPP Law School, Holborn LPC
University College London, Law (LLB)