Ben is a Managing Associate in Mishcon Private, specialising in Immigration.
He has experience advising on both private and commercial immigration matters, and advises individuals on the Points Based System, ancestry, visitors, family reunion, private domestic workers and long residence - leading to indefinite leave to remain and British citizenship. Ben has had a key interest in Brexit and the affect this has on EU nationals and their families (both EU and non-EU), and has given numerous presentations on how families and employers can best prepare for Brexit.
He gives clients strategic advice on how they, or their family members, may best gain British citizenship, as well as the complex matters concerning surrogacy and nationality tracing.
Ben has conducted administrative reviews, appeals and judicial reviews for private individuals and has a wealth of experience conducting human rights, settlement and family applications.
Recognised by Legal 500 as ''extremely knowledgeable and personable, and clients really warm to his style of advice", Ben "exudes a calming reassurance" and "explains complex immigration rules in layman's terms".
- Successfully overturned a 10 year mandatory ban for a client accused of deception.
- Regularly advising on applications which fall outside the immigration rules.
- Successfully conducting appeals at the Immigration and Asylum Tribunal.
- Lobbied the Home Office to allow part of the NHS to be treated as part of the University Milk Round, permitting the recruitment of medical personnel.
- Solicitor in the lead case of a highly confidential Judicial Review challenging the Home Office refusal of British nationality, affecting nationality law and public disclosure.
- Gained Indefinite Leave to Remain for a victim of domestic violence, despite the lack of contemporaneous medical evidence.
- Successfully assisted a client detained under the prevention of terrorism, even though they were not the subject of a terrorist investigation.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Lewis Silkin
Senior Associate, Lewis Silkin
Associate, Bates, Wells & Braithwaite
University of Westminster, GDL and LPC
University of Cape Town, Bachelor of Social Science – Economics major