Suzi is an Associate in Mishcon Private, acting for a wide variety of clients including corporates, families and high profile and high net worth individuals.
Suzi's private client work includes advising beneficiaries and trustees in relation to trust disputes, and advising both individuals and corporates on reputational matters. Suzi has advised clients in respect of defamation (pre and post-publication) and harassment issues, including advising on the removal of defamatory and abusive material appearing online. Her work frequently has an international element. She has experience in complex multijurisdictional disputes, civil fraud claims, director/shareholder claims and general contractual matters across a wide range of sectors. Suzi has experience of litigating cases through arbitration, the High Court and the Court of Protection.
In the field of intellectual property, Suzi has advised on trade mark, passing off, design right and copyright disputes and as a former FA Licensed Players Agent has advised football players, agents and clubs on a number of issues.
Suzi is a legal mentor in the Walpole Brands of Tomorrow 2018: a bespoke mentorship programme that helps aspiring British luxury brands fulfil their potential. She is a judge for The Society of British and International Design's (SBID) annual student competition, "Get me 2 the Top". Suzi also writes a quarterly legal business column for the SBID members' magazine, eSociety.
- Advising a high profile individual in relation to damaging allegations threatened to be published on a current affairs television programme
- Acting for members of a high profile family in a complex Court of Protection matter responding to an ex parte injunction involving deprivation of liberty and best interests
- Advising an individual in relation to exercising his Right to be Forgotten and the removal of defamatory and outdated material appearing online
- Acting for a client concurrently defending four high-value arbitrations in the London Court of International Arbitration in respect of a dispute relating to a Caribbean island.
- Advising an individual defending a multi-million pound debt claim brought by a Gibraltar-based gaming company.
- Advising a luxury international fashion brand defending allegations of copyright infringement.
- Advising a franchisor in a high value dispute with one of its franchisees.
- Advising an online retail brand on a variety of general commercial and intellectual property issues.
- Obtaining summary judgment for a client on a claim relating to misuse of confidential information and infringement of database rights.
- Acting for a number of luxury fashion brands in respect of claims for passing off, registered and unregistered design right and trade mark infringement.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Law, LLB (Hons), College of Law
Linguistics, BA (Hons), University College London and University of Massachusetts, Amherst