Suzi is a litigator in Mishcon Private acting for a wide variety of clients including corporates, families and high profile and high net worth individuals. She acts as a trusted advisor to her clients who call on her in relation to a range of legal issues both professional and personal.
She is described in the Legal 500 2020 as "a real class act, enormously hardworking, very bright, excellent litigation instincts, a delight to work with".
Suzi's private client work includes advising beneficiaries and trustees in relation to trust disputes often involving numerous jurisdictions. Suzi also advises clients in complex multijurisdictional disputes, civil fraud claims, director/shareholder claims and general contractual matters across a wide range of sectors. Suzi has also advised a number of families in relation to education matters.
In the field of intellectual property, Suzi has advised on trade mark, passing off, design right and copyright disputes and as a former FA Licensed Players Agent has advised football players, agents and clubs on a number of issues.
Suzi was named Litigation Rising Star at the British Legal Awards 2020 and Innovative Individual of the Year at the Citywealth Future Leaders Awards 2019. She was also "Highly Commended" in the Rising Star category at the Commercial Litigation and Arbitration Awards 2019. She was named within the 2020 Citywealth Top Trust Litigators and Polymaths and the 2019 Citywealth Future Leaders Top 100: Super Advisors. She was also shortlisted for Woman of the Year - Rising Star in the Citywealth Powerwomen Awards 2020.
Suzi is a legal mentor in the Walpole Brands of Tomorrow programme: a bespoke mentorship programme that helps aspiring British luxury brands fulfil their potential and in the MDR LAB programme for tech start-ups in the legal space.
Suzi is a Trustee of Yad Vashem UK Foundation, a member of the Development Board for United Hatzalah and a member of the Governing Body of Gesher School, an independent primary school for children with special educational needs.
- Acting for the Federal Republic of Nigeria in a high profile dispute in respect of arbitral awards valued at more than US$10 billion. Nigeria applied to set aside the awards and resist enforcement on the basis that the awards and the arbitral process were tainted by fraud. In September 2020, the Commercial Court granted an unprecedented extension of time to enable Nigeria's fraud challenge to proceed. (Federal Republic of Nigeria v P&ID  EWHC 2379)
- Acting for a discretionary beneficiary in an ad-hoc arbitration in respect of a multi-billion dollar trust dispute, concerning the purported distribution of the entirety of the trust assets to the claimant's father, the settlor of the trusts. The proceedings included applications in multiple jurisdictions for proprietary freezing injunctions and raised issues breach of trust, dishonest assistance, unconscionable receipt, rectification and mistake
- Advising a high profile individual in relation to damaging allegations threatened to be published on a current affairs television programme
- Acting for members of a high profile family in a complex Court of Protection matter responding to an ex parte injunction involving deprivation of liberty and best interests
- Advising an individual in relation to exercising his "Right to be Forgotten" and the removal of defamatory and outdated material appearing online
- Acting for a client concurrently defending four high-value arbitrations in the London Court of International Arbitration in respect of a dispute relating to a Caribbean island
- Advising an individual defending a multi-million pound debt claim brought by a Gibraltar-based gaming company
- Advising a luxury international fashion brand defending allegations of copyright infringement
- Advising a franchisor in a high value dispute with one of its franchisees
- Obtaining summary judgment for a client on a claim relating to misuse of confidential information and infringement of database rights
- Acting for a number of luxury fashion brands in respect of claims for passing off, registered and unregistered design right and trade mark infringement.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Law, LLB (Hons), College of Law
Linguistics, BA (Hons), University College London and University of Massachusetts, Amherst