Suman Kaur is an Associate in the Funding and M&A group of the Corporate department.
She has experience of advising on a range of matters, including:
- Venture capital and private equity investments (acting for both investors and companies);
- Mergers and acquisitions (acting for both buyers and sellers);
- Corporate structuring and reorganisations;
- Corporate governance matters; and
- Incorporating family investment companies.
Her practice covers a spectrum of sectors, with a particular focus on finance and emerging technologies. Her work involves UK transactions as well as projects with an international element in respect of which she frequently works closely with overseas counsel and advisors.
- Assisted the founder team of The Future Laboratory Limited in the sale of the company to Together Group Holdings plc.
- Advised various lead investors in investment rounds spanning pre-seed to later stage funding rounds.
- Advised a pioneering biotechnology company in its sale to one of its existing shareholders for $153 million.
- Acted on behalf of a headlining start-up company on their series A investment round of $20 million and significant and subsequent international expansion.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Taylor Vinters LLP
Corporate and Commercial Solicitor, Brindley Twist Tafft & James LLP
Corporate and Commercial Solicitor, Lodders Solicitors LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Lodders Solicitors LLP
University of Law, Legal Practice Course
University of Leicester, LLB Law