Stefania is an Associate in the Intellectual Property Group, specialising in commercial contracts. She joined the firm in October 2014 having trained and worked at a US firm in London for three years, specialising in intellectual property and information technology.
At her previous firm Stefania was chosen to carry out secondments in the in-house legal teams of a renowned luxury department store and a global television production and broadcast company.
Stefania advises a broad range of clients across all sectors but with particular focus on media and entertainment, fashion and retail, hospitality and leisure and pharmaceutical industries.
Stefania regularly advises on licensing, advertising, marketing and other commercial contracts and also advises clients on IT, e-commerce and data protection and privacy issues.
- Drafting and advising on a range of IP licensing, IP assignment and other commercial agreements.
- Drafting international agency and distribution agreements, specifically in the hospitality and leisure industry where recent investigations into the hotel online booking sector had to be carefully considered and accounted for.
- Advising and reporting on advertising and marketing regulations, the data protection risks when advertising through social media and using big data, and the legality of sales promotions.
- Assistance on corporate due diligence matters whereby IP and IT contracts were reviewed, and issues of particular concern addressed prior to a merger or acquisition.
- Taking the lead role in developing the structure and processes required when setting up an entity promoting the development of open source software. Drafting and negotiating the documentation governing the relationships between all parties and persons accessing the open source software, including data protection, project development and IP policies, contributing member license agreements and the public open source licence.
- Drafting and negotiating the agreements governing the largest global IT outsourcing arrangement undertaken by one of the largest global banking and financial services organisations.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mayer Brown International LLP
Trainee, Mayer Brown International LLP
University of Bristol, Law with study in Continental Europe
Universita Alma Mater di Bologna, Jurisprudence