Sophie is an Associate in the Intellectual Property Disputes Group in the Innovation department. Sophie advises on a range of IP issues including patents, trade marks, copyright and passing off disputes as well as brand protection strategies. She also has experience in Customs and Trading Standards detentions.
Sophie has a solid understanding of the life sciences sector, having previously qualified and worked as a pharmacist. Sophie also has experience working with clients in the technology, entertainment, fashion, and retail sectors.
In her previous career as a community pharmacist, Sophie trained to administer travel and flu vaccinations, managed medication for several high dependency care homes and alongside this regularly worked for an online health-tech pharmacy.
Prior to training at Mishcon, Sophie worked for the Infected Blood Inquiry, which is an independent public statutory inquiry examining why individuals in the UK were given infected blood and/or infected blood products. Sophie's pharmaceutical knowledge greatly assisted her work leading teams of paralegals on several disclosure projects.
Before qualifying into the IP Disputes team Sophie previously advised clients on competition and tax litigation matters. During her training contract, Sophie was also seconded to a major media and entertainment company, where she advised on a range of commercial and intellectual property matters.
- Assisting Partner and Counsel team with preparations for the Sky v SkyKick proceedings on appeal to the Court of Appeal
- Assisting on a patent damages claim in the pharmaceutical sector
- Assisting on a high-profile trade mark and passing off claim in the High Court
- Advising on brand protection matters and commercial contracts for a major media and entertainment company
- Anti-counterfeiting work for a global fashion house in conjunction with Border Force and Trading Standards
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Paralegal Coordinator, Infected Blood Inquiry
BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course
BPP Law School, General Diploma in Law
GPhC Pre-registration Pharmacist
University of Nottingham, Master of Pharmacy (MPharm)