Sonia is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution department specialising in commercial litigation and arbitration as well as insurance coverage disputes.
Sonia has more than 14 years' experience of handling international commercial disputes. Sonia is regularly instructed in international arbitrations and is experienced in all major forms (LCIA, ICC, Bermuda Form, ad hoc).
In the insurance sector, Sonia acts only for policyholder clients/insureds in insurance coverage disputes against their insurers. For this reason she also tends to be free of conflict. She represents corporate and high net worth indiviudal clients, acting against the insurance market and advises across a broad range of sectors, including: pharmaceutical and life sciences; betting and gaming; retail and consumer; real estate construction; and financial services. In relation to financial and professional lines insurance, Sonia's experience spans: directors' and officers' liability; cyber; employment practices; fidelity and crime; fiduciary; and professional liability. Sonia also advises on a broad range of risk management issues, including issues relating to policy wordings.
Sonia is a member of AIRMIC, BILA and Arbitral Women.
- Acting for William Hill on its £50m PremPredictor game, including advice on a bespoke programme of Prize Indemnity Insurance
- Acting for a UK listed bookmaker in relation to online and retail duty of care issues
- Acting for FTSE 100 pharmaceutical company on $100m Bermuda Form product liability insurance coverage
- Acting for a FTSE 100 company re employment practice liability claims
- Acting for a FTSE 100 company on Fiduciary and D&O coverage issues
- Acting for a FTSE 100 company re a professional negligence dispute
- Acting for FTSE 100 company on D&O and ABAC related insurance issues
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Addleshaw Goddard LLP
Senior Loss Adjuster, ASL International
Kent at Canterbury, LLB Hons 2:1