Simona is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution department, specialising in complex civil fraud claims. She also works on general commercial dispute resolution matters.
Simona has experience in both cross-border disputes and jurisdictional challenges in both litigation and arbitration, with a strong background in civil fraud and conspiracy claims.
Simona advises clients across a number of sectors, with a particular focus on the Energy and Life Sciences sectors, and is experienced in both defending and bringing claims related to the CIS.
She also has significant in-house and regulatory experience having worked for the Office of General Counsel of two Big Four professional services firms, a global real estate investment business and a financial regulator.
Simona is a member of the Commercial Fraud Lawyers Association and Young Fraud Lawyers Association.
- Acted for the claimant in a conspiracy and fraudulent misrepresentation claim for non-payment of sums owed for the supply of crude oil in excess of USD100 million.
- Acted for the applicant/defendant in a case involving the complex interplay between service of applications outside of the jurisdiction and alternative service, in the context of the Hague Service Convention.
- Acted for the claimant in relation to LCIA proceedings arising out of breach of a funding agreement.
- Acted for a high net worth individual in relation to a claim for professional negligence against their former solicitors.
- Acted for the claimant in a claim for breach of competition law warranties in a Share and Purchase Agreement in the context of an underlying Competition and Markets Authority investigation, with issues of limitation and loss crystallisation.
- Regularly advising corporate clients in relation to issues arising out of breach of warranties, termination issues, repudiatory or material breach of contract and privilege queries.
- Simona speaks Romanian (native) and Spanish (intermediate).
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Disputes & Risk, Osborne Clarke LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Osborne Clarke LLP
University of Law, London Moorgate, Legal Practice Course, Distinction
King's College London, University of London, Law LLB, First Class Honours