Simon is a Partner in the Corporate department and has a private equity led practice. With the buying and selling of companies being an integral part of private equity, he focuses on private equity and private equity related transactions, particularly acting for management teams, founders/managers and private equity investee companies. He also acts for private equity institutions and regularly works with corporate finance organisations.
In addition, he provides general advisory and transactional services to a loyal client base of entrepreneurs and corporate businesses. With close to 20 years' experience, Simon's practice spans a variety of industries, including financial services, travel and leisure and energy and utilities.
Simon is recognised by Chambers UK as a leading private equity practitioner, with clients praising his "personal service, attentiveness and quality of advice."
- Advising Relex Oy, an investee company of Summit Partners, on the acquisition of Galleria Holdings
- Advising RCapital and all other sellers on the sale of WeareTwogether to Next 15, an AIM listed company
- Advising Dechado Group, the owners of Pets Corner, on the acquisition of PamPurredPets
- Advising the sellers and management team of Hemisphere Yachting on the buyout of Hemisphere Yachting to Lonsdale Capital Partners
- Acted for Chamonix Private Equity and management as both sellers and as reinvesting management on the secondary buy out of Mettis Aerospace backed by Stirling Square Capital Partners
- Advising Barclays Natural Resources and the management sellers on the secondary buyout of UK Power Reserve (Holdings) Limited by a company backed by Equistone Private Equity and Inflexion Private Equity
- Advising the founder on the sale of Strata Products Limited to a listed business, RPC Packaging
- Advising Golfbreaks Limited on the sale of its division Teeofftimes to Comcast Corporation, an American mass media company and one of the largest broadcasting and cable companies in the world
- Advising the management of HCM Group (HCM), a contract catering business, in relation to the merger of HCM with CH&Co backed by MML Capital Partners
- Advising the management of Kensington Group on its acquisition by Blackstone Tactical Opportunities and TPG Special Situations Partners
- Acted for the management team on the buy-out by ECI Partners of specialist online home insurer Avantia Insurance Ltd.
- Advising Acturis Ltd on the acquisition of Nordic Insurance Software (NIS), a provider of insurance software in the travel and assistance, expatriate and health insurance markets
- Advising the management of Isotrak Limited as sellers and as managers in secondary buyout
- Advising Acturis Ltd and its major shareholders on the growth capital investment by Summit Partners
- Advising Management on the MBO of Brandon Tool Hire from Wolseley plc
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner & Head of Corporate, Dundas & Wilson
Solicitor, McGrigor Donald
Law School Finals (Distinction)