Simon is a Partner in the Corporate department and has a private equity led practice. With the buying and selling of companies being an integral part of private equity, he focuses on private equity and private equity related transactions, particularly acting for management teams, founders/managers and private equity investee companies. He also acts for private equity institutions and regularly works with corporate finance organisations.
In addition, he provides general advisory and transactional services to a loyal client base of entrepreneurs and corporate businesses. With close to 20 years' experience, Simon's practice spans a variety of industries, including financial services, travel and leisure and energy and utilities.
Simon is recognised by Chambers UK as a leading private equity practitioner, with clients praising his "personal service, attentiveness and quality of advice."
- Acting for the sellers of Chess Technologies to Cohort plc for £41.9m
- Advising management team on management buy-out of ParkingEye for £235m
- Advising the management sellers of Brandon Tool Hire on the sale of Brandon Tool Hire to VP plc
- Advising the reinvesting senior management team of Omar Group Limited on the management buy-out of Omar Group Limited backed by Rutland Partners
- Advising management sellers and reinvesting management on the secondary buy out of Search Consultancy Group backed by H2 Equity Partners
- Advising the management sellers of Tuxedo Money Solutions Limited on the sale of its entire issued share capital
- Advising the management sellers of Antler Limited on the sale by LDC and management shareholders to Endless LLP
- Advising the sellers and management team of Hemisphere Yachting on the buyout of Hemisphere Yachting to Lonsdale Capital Partners
- Acted for Chamonix Private Equity and management as both sellers and as reinvesting management on the secondary buy out of Mettis Aerospace backed by Stirling Square Capital Partners
- Advising Barclays Natural Resources and the management sellers on the secondary buyout of UK Power Reserve (Holdings) Limited by a company backed by Equistone Private Equity and Inflexion Private Equity
- Advising the founder on the sale of Strata Products Limited to a listed business, RPC Packaging
- Advising Golfbreaks Limited on the sale of its division Teeofftimes to Comcast Corporation, an American mass media company and one of the largest broadcasting and cable companies in the world
- Advising the management of HCM Group (HCM), a contract catering business, in relation to the merger of HCM with CH&Co backed by MML Capital Partners
- Advising the management of Kensington Group on its acquisition by Blackstone Tactical Opportunities and TPG Special Situations Partners
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner & Head of Corporate, Dundas & Wilson
Solicitor, McGrigor Donald
Law School Finals (Distinction)