Simon is a Managing Associate in the Commercial team. He specialises in commercial, technology, media and outsourcing contracts.
Simon advises clients across a number of sectors, with a focus on technology, sport, leisure, procurement and retail.
He has recently advised a number of FTSE 100 companies on their global networks and data centre contracts. Simon has represented both customers and suppliers on major commercial, technology, outsourcing and licensing arrangements.
Simon has acted for a number of Premier League clubs, sponsors and players on their commercial deals, including image/digital rights agreements, shirt sponsorship arrangements and international transfers.
He has featured in the national press, commenting on topics ranging from the key legal issues to consider in relation to driverless cars and drone delivery to the interpretation of commercial contracts.
Simon completed secondments with Dell and Tesco whilst at his previous firm.
Simon is a mentor for the start ups taking part in MDR LAB.
- Lead Associate on the drafting and negotiating of a number of major network service integrator and provider contracts for several FTSE 100 clients.
- Advised a global multi-channel retailer on a number of its most important commercial and technology contracts – including its media buying/creative agency agreements, check-out software/hardware/maintenance agreements and distribution contracts.
- Worked with a NASDAQ-listed technology supplier on an applications development agreement opposite a major international bank.
- Acted for a listed vehicle retail and logistics provider on an exclusive outsourcing and commercial agreement opposite a FTSE 100 international bank.
- Supported one of the world’s largest media, digital and creative communications agencies, a FTSE250 events company and a major internationally listed services and distribution company on a number of high profile commercial technology deals involving the purchase of data centre and cloud services opposite a number of different suppliers.
- Negotiated international football transfers opposite a number of Europe and South America's largest clubs.
- Advised a large blue chip client on a major Premier League shirt sponsorship deal and have advised clubs on their template commercial partner agreements.
- Represented a number of international footballers on their image rights, sponsorship and employment-related issues.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
Trainee, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
University of Cambridge, Management Studies
Articles and Publications