Simon is a Partner in the Real Estate department. He has particular expertise in investment, development and asset management work for institutional funds. Simon also has considerable experience acting on real estate focused corporate acquisitions.
He understands the complexities associated with large transactions and has a reputation for finding practical solutions to issues that arise during the course of such matters.
Simon acts for listed companies and institutions including AEW, Brookfield, Frogmore, Helical Bar Plc and UBS Global Asset Management (UK) Limited.
He also sits on the LexisNexis Consultant Editorial Board.
- Acting for AEW Europe on the acquisition of Bath Road Slough for £325M and St Nicholas Shopping Centre for £70M.
- Advising a major US real estate fund on the acquisition of a 6,000-bed student housing portfolio for circa. £410M.
- Advising a major UK real estate fund in relation to the purchase and development of four student housing sites.
- Advised the Kingdom of the Netherlands on its move to a new embassy building at the Embassy Gardens development in Nine Elms on London’s South Bank.
- Advised Frogmore on the sale of its investment in 50 St Mary Axe, an office development next to The Gherkin in the City of London, to a private client of Priority Real Estate for £23.7 million.
- Advised developer Londonewcastle on the sale of a portfolio of residential-led mixed use property assets with a development value of £250 million to UK and European Investments (UKEI).
- Regularly advising AEW, Brookfield, Helical Bar Plc and UBS in relation to investment, development and asset management matters.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, Charles Russell
University of Hull, LLB (Hons) Law