Sarah is a Managing Associate in the Corporate Tax team, advising a variety of corporate clients, institutions, high-net-worth individuals and charities.
She advises on all areas of corporate tax law and has particular experience of real estate transactions. Sarah also has experience of advising on funds structures, mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganisations, double tax treaties and both contentious and transactional VAT.
She is CTA qualified and is a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
- Tax advice on the recent purchase of a hotel trading company for a fund.
- Tax advice on real estate acquisitions and disposals – considering VAT; SDLT and capital allowances.
- Tax advice on property development work.
- Assisting with a Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securitisation for a large retail entity.
- Advice in relation to the Construction Industry Scheme.
- Tax advice in relation to the exempt de-mergers of two technology businesses.
- Tax advice in relation to corporate acquisitions, and consideration of stamp duty and SDRT reliefs.
- Tax advice in relation to PAYE and NICs liability of offshore workers.
- Advice in relation to employee incentives and available tax reliefs.
- Preparing and updating offering memoranda for different offshore funds.
- Assisting with tax advice in respect of 'onshoring' offshore funds.
- Assisting with tax advice on a securitisation structure for investment in debt.
- Reviewing financing documentation for bilateral facilities and syndicated facilities.
- VAT litigation in relation to a charity's ability to recover input tax.
- Obtaining HMRC clearance in respect of the VAT treatment of high-value artworks.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Associate, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
Bid Support Administrator, Capita PLC
English Teacher, Northwestern Polytechnical University (西北工业大学), Xi'an, P.R. China
The College of Law, GDL and LPC+
Cambridge University (New Hall), History B.A.