Samantha is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution department. She specialises in banking and finance disputes and also works on general commercial dispute resolution matters.
Samantha has acted for clients on matters regarding: securitisation; structured finance; Islamic finance; and property finance.
She has also spent time on secondment at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
Samantha is a member of the London Solicitor Litigation Association, the Fraud Women's Network and the Young Fraud Lawyers Association.
- Successfully represented a number of Russian individuals and corporations in a multi-jurisdictional US$500m claim by TNK-BP relating to the funding and finance of substantial real estate assets in Montenegro. Secured judgment discharging a worldwide freezing injunction (and similar orders in the foreign jurisdictions) for material non-disclosure, and refusing jurisdiction on the basis that Russia is the proper forum (OJSC TNK-BP -v- Beppler & Jacobson Ltd & Others (2012 EWHC 3286 (Ch))
- Advising various borrowers in relation to disputes with the Irish National Asset Management Agency (NAMA) regarding contractual interpretation of finance documents, including security documents, and restructurings.
- Advising on loan facility disputes concerning allegations of covenant breaches.
- Defending the enforcement of security, including guarantee claims brought by lenders.
- Advising clients in respect of the mis-selling of financial products such as interest rate hedging products.
- Acting for petitioners/claimants and respondents/defendants in multi-jurisdictional insolvency proceedings, including disputing winding up petitions, appointment of provisional liquidators and freezing injunctions.
- Providing contentious and non-contentious advice in relation to trade finance documents.
- Advising in connection with £302 million Deco 2011-CSPK Commercial Mortgage Backed Securitisation.
Partner, mishcon de Reya LLP
Legal Director, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Associate, Paul Hastings (Europe) LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Paul Hastings Janofsky and Walker (Europe) LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
BBP Law School – GDL and LPC
University of California Los Angeles - Education Abroad Programme scholarship
King's College London – Bsc(Hons) Physiological Science and Associate of King's College (Hanson Prize)