Rowena is a Partner in the Corporate Department. She is an expert commercial litigator dealing with corporate dispute resolution.
Rowena specialises in director and shareholder disputes as well as those involving partnerships and limited liability partnerships.
As an experienced litigator, she also works on a wide range of other disputes, including over sale and purchase, breach of warranty and general contractual issues spread over broad industry sectors including PR, general retail and pharmaceuticals. Rowena also spends considerable time on insurance related matters including advising on third party funding arrangements.
Recognising her expertise, she was asked by The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) to write a mini-guide on boardroom disputes in 2013 and an update in 2015 (click here to view ICSA Solutions: Boardroom Disputes on the ICSA website).
- Advising on the interpretation of various sale and purchase agreements and, where applicable, taking proceedings to determine the meaning and effect of disputed provisions.
- Advising various vendors and purchasers of companies on breach of warranty claims.
- Advising various partnerships on a number of issues including the removal of individual partners and the referral of various contentious issues to arbitration.
- Advising diverse director/shareholders on their rights when faced with removal at board level.
- Advising various boards about their ability to remove individual director/shareholders.
- Advising on boardroom disputes generally.
- Advising various shareholders about their ability to bring claims against majority shareholders as a result of various actions by the board and the conduct of a business generally.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Qualified, Mishcon de Reya