Ros is a Managing Associate and experienced litigator in the Real Estate department. She acts for a range of clients, from large property companies, to retail occupiers, to individuals.
Ros has expertise in a wide range of landlord and tenant matters, including dilapidations; lease renewals; rent arrears recovery; possession claims; forfeiture; and rent review. She also has experience in rights of light, rights of way and other easements and dealing with insolvency and advising landlords and insolvency practitioners in those situations. She ran two reported dilapidations cases and settled an unopposed lease renewal claim at the court room door.
Ros has trial experience at County Court, High Court, Court of Appeal and Privy Council level and experience at mediations and settlement meetings.
Ros is recommended in Legal 500.
She is a member of the Property Litigation Association.
- Acting for the tenant in Sunlife v Tiger (reported) at High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Successfully obtaining possession of a Hyde Park property from an unlawful occupier claiming a beneficial interest
- Successfully applying for access under the Access to Neighbouring Land Act against 90 defendants.
- Successfully defending a dilapidations claim brought by a landlord against its former tenant.
- Appealing to the Privy Council concerning a dispute over ownership and registration of land in Belize.
- Acting for a developer in relation to the interpretation of the rent review provisions in a lease.
- Acting against a developer of a prestigious London development.
- Acting for a corporate tenant in relation to its portfolio of properties, including dealing with lease renewals, break clauses, interpretation of documents and service charge disputes.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, Pinsent Masons LLP
Trainee, Pinsent Masons LLP
Nottingham Law School - LPC
University of Birmingham, LLB Joint Honours Law and Politics