Neil is a Partner in the Employment department and specialises in executive remuneration, incentives and corporate governance. He advises companies on broad range of strategic remuneration, governance and regulatory issues, particularly in the context of senior executives. He also advises on the design, implementation and compliance of all types of incentive arrangements ranging from private company incentives such as management incentive plans through to global all-employee share plans of listed companies.
Neil has a detailed understanding of the effect of corporate events on incentive plans and has significant experience advising companies on public and private mergers and acquisitions, reorganisations, initial public offerings and capital raising events such as rights issues.
He has advised companies in many sectors including banking, insurance and other financial services, retail, hi tech, life sciences, support services and construction. He has advised companies at all stages of development from start-ups to leading global companies.
- Advising many listed companies on the design and implementation of their executive remuneration arrangements, including regulatory and market practice considerations.
- Assisting many listed companies with the content and compliance of their remuneration disclosure obligations, including directors’ remuneration reports.
- Advising several financial services businesses on the structuring of their remuneration arrangements so that they comply with the financial services remuneration rules.
- Acting for several listed companies on the impact of capital raising events on their share plans, including rights issues and open offers.
- Advising several public and private companies on the restructuring of their share incentive arrangements in the context of major reorganisations.
- Acting for a FTSE 250 bank and its asset management business on the demerger of that business, including the design and implementation of new executive and all-employee share incentives for the IPO of the demerged business.
- Advising a major Swiss-listed software company on the design and implementation of a global all-employee share purchase plan in over 80 countries.
- Acting for private equity institutions on the design and implementation of management incentive arrangements in their portfolio companies.
- Acting for both bidders and targets in public and private takeovers, including the takeovers of Cobham plc and Ophir Energy plc.
- Acting for listed companies on high profile appointments and terminations of executive directors.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Consultant, Linklaters LLP
Principal, Aon Hewitt
Partner, New Bridge Street Consultants