Neil is a Partner in the firm's Competition Group. He has over 20 years' experience in EU and UK competition law, as well as giving advice on commercial, regulatory and procurement issues.
Neil's expertise includes advising in relation to competition law compliance, merger control, competition and regulatory investigations, appeals against regulator decisions, commercial and consumer law issues, procurement and state aid matters. He has clients across a broad range of sectors, most notably in automotive, sports, manufacturing and travel, and is ranked as a Leading Individual in Travel by Legal 500 2019.
He is a regular contributor to LexisNexis publications including Tolley's Company Law merger control chapters and PSL competition law.
- Advising Balmoral Tanks on civil and criminal aspects of a six year investigation by the CMA into information sharing including appeals up to the Court of Appeal.
- Advising EuroCarParts on Phase 2 merger investigation by CMA into the acquisition of Andrew Page Limited.
- Drafting global compliance materials including training on three continents for Euromoney Institutional Investor plc.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, K&L Gates
Associate, Clifford Chance
University of Cambridge, Law (LLM)
Articles and Publications
- Tolley's Company Law (merger control chapters)
- ABTA Travel Matters (Brexit article)