Neil is a Partner in the firm's Competition Group. He has over 20 years' experience in EU and UK competition law, as well as giving advice on commercial, regulatory and procurement issues.
Neil's expertise includes advising in relation to competition law compliance, merger control, competition and regulatory investigations, appeals against regulatory decisions, commercial and consumer law issues and state aid matters. His clients span a range of sectors, most notably in automotive, travel, sports and manufacturing.
Neil also has extensive experience advising on public procurement issues both in terms of advising on procedures and tender documentation, and also challenging contract awards. He has worked across a broad range of industries including on local authority property developments, NHS Supply equipment contracts and MoD defence industry contracts.
Ranked as a Leading Individual in Travel by Legal 500 2019, Neil's travel clients include trade associations such as ABTA and ETOA, and global tour operators such as APT, ICE and TTC. He has spoken widely at travel industry events in the UK and overseas.
Neil is a regular contributor to LexisNexis publications including Tolley's Company Law (merger control chapters) and PSL Competition Law. He has also contributed to a number of industry publications in particular within the automotive and travel sectors.
Neil is also Irish law qualified.
Advising Balmoral Tanks on civil and criminal aspects of a six year investigation by the CMA into information sharing including appeals up to the Court of Appeal.
Acting for EuroCarParts on Phase 2 merger investigation by CMA into the acquisition of Andrew Page Limited.
Drafting global compliance materials including training on three continents for Euromoney Institutional Investor plc.
Advising ABTA on Brexit related consequences for the travel sector.
Advising Retirement Villages on CMA and Law Commission investigations into the use of assignment fees in the retirement housing sector.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, K&L Gates
Associate, Clifford Chance
University of Cambridge, Law (LLM)
Articles and Publications
- Tolley's Company Law (merger control chapters)
- ABTA Travel Matters (Brexit article)
- LexisNexis (Aon and Willis Towers Watson merger – Practical implications for policyholders)
- 'Trading After Brexit', Retail Forum, Mishcon de Reya, April 2019
- 'Modern Slavery and Ethical Supply Chains', Mishcon de Reya, May 2019
- 'ETOA BEIS Business Readiness Fund Seminar', Cinema 1 Barbican, 31 October 2019
- Presented to the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT), Mishcon de Reya, 21 November 2019
- 'COVID-19: UK Response', ETOA Webinar, Monday 6 April 2020
- C&IT WEBINAR: Coronavirus and crisis, 22 April 2020