Molly is an Associate in Mishcon Private. She advises private individuals, trustees, executors and beneficiaries across a broad range of specialist fields, but principally trust and succession disputes. Molly's matters often involve an international dimension.
She regularly advises on disputes concerning wills, estate administration issues, proprietary estoppel claims and claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. Molly has particular experience in dealing with complex succession disputes amongst family members, and has an interest in assisting clients with landed estates. She also has experience of dealing with mental capacity issues and court of protection matters.
Molly’s practice encompasses all aspects of trust disputes work. She also has experience in dealing with contentious charity matters concerning trustee duties, discrimination and reputation management.
Molly is a student member of STEP. She has completed STEP Advanced Certificates in the Administration of Trusts and the Administration of Estates. She is in the process of completing the STEP Advanced Certificate in Advising Vulnerable Clients.
- Advised an executor of an estate worth circa £15 million over complex issues concerning the administration of the estate, the conduct of the co-executors and conflicts of interest,
- Part of a cross firm group who advised beneficiaries in an offshore trust dispute involving assets in excess of £4 billion,
- Advised trustees of a trust in respect of ongoing trustee duties including disclosure obligations, conflicts of interest and a breach of trust claim,
- Advised a client in respect of a dispute with their mother over the beneficial ownership of property involving a constructive trust claim,
- Advised a client in relation to a succession dispute with their sister in relation to their mother’s estate and specifically with regard to the existence, scope and operation of a partnership operated by their family,
- Advised an elderly couple in relation to a claim brought by their son of circa £10 million which centred around a disputed family partnership,
- Advised a client in respect of a family dispute stemming from an elderly aunt's mental capacity issues including advising on the removal of an attorney (appointed under a lasting power of attorney) abusing their position and misappropriating funds,
- Advised a client in relation to a succession dispute with her brother in relation to their parents' estate involving agricultural land in trust,
- Provided charity law, equality act and reputation advice to a high profile charity facing unwarranted challenges to its legitimate operational procedures,
- Provided advice to a client facing claims of breach of their position as trustee in relation to a charity, and
- Assisted a client with the investigation of misappropriation of funds from their private family office and the mismanagement of the family’s private affairs.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trainee, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course
BPP Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law
Trinity College, Cambridge: BA Hons, MA (Cantab) Theology & Religious Studies
Articles and Publications: