Molly is an Associate in Mishcon Private. She works across a broad range of specialist fields, but principally trust and succession disputes and reputation management. Molly's matters often involve an international dimension. She advises private individuals, professional trustees, trust corporations, executors, administrators and beneficiaries.
Molly advises on challenges to the validity of wills, issues of construction and rectification of wills and deeds, proprietary estoppel claims and claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. She also has experience in dealing with testamentary capacity issues.
She has particular experience in dealing with complex succession disputes amongst family members and assisting clients with landed estates. Molly has also assisted in a number of family disputes, advising on disagreements over the existence, scope and operation of various family partnerships.
Molly’s practice encompasses all aspects of trust disputes work and she has experience of constructive trust and resulting trust claims.
She also has experience in dealing with contentious charity matters, particularly in relation to discrimination and reputation management.
Molly is a student member of STEP.
- Acting for an elderly couple in relation to a claim brought by their son of £9.5 million which centred around a disputed family partnership;
- Advising a parent member of a Royal Family on a contentious trust matter involving misappropriation of funds and breach of trust in relation to assets worth £80 million;
- Advising a client in relation to a succession dispute with her sister in relation to their mother’s estate and specifically with regard to a partnership operated by her mother and her sister;
- Advising a client in relation to a succession dispute with her brother in relation to their parents' estate involving agricultural land in trust;
- Advising an executor of an estate worth £18 million over issues arising concerning the administration of the estate in relation to the conduct of the co-executors, conflict of interest, and capacity.
- Assisting a client with the transfer of a private office following the gross mismanagement of the family’s private affairs; and
- Providing charity law, equality act and reputation advice to a high profile charity facing unwarranted challenges to its legitimate operational procedures.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Trainee, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
BPP Law School, Law Conversion Course and LPC
Trinity College, Cambridge: BA Hons, MA (Cantab) Theology & Religious Studies