Miles is a Legal Director in the Family department. He specialises in all aspects of contentious and non-contentious family law. Miles has a particular expertise in resolving complex multi-jurisdictional disputes, particularly those involving corporate and trust issues, and cases involving financial provision for children following parental separation.
He is also the Family department’s professional support lawyer, responsible for fee earner training and development.
Miles is regularly published on a wide variety of legal topics and is accredited by Resolution as a specialist in relation to cohabitation law and pensions on divorce. He is currently leading the Firm’s campaign for national "Conflict Clinics" as an alternative to the financial and emotional cost of litigation over arrangements for children following parental separation.
Miles began his career in private practice. In 2006 he became Deputy Editor of the Solicitors Journal. He joined Mishcon in 2007 and was made a Legal Director in 2009.
- Wyatt v Vince  UKSC 14 - Supreme Court of the United Kingdom: acting for the successful Appellant wife in financial remedy proceedings that had been brought almost 30 years following the parties' separation and 19 years since their divorce.
- Hincks v Gallardo 2013 ONSC 129 [7 January 2013] - Superior Court of Ontario; recognition of a UK Civil Partnership as a Canadian marriage (instructed as expert witness on English Civil Partnership Law for the Applicant). Decision upheld on appeal (case number 2014 ONCA 494)
- In re E (Children)  UKSC 27 - Supreme Court of the United Kingdom; international child abduction
- El Faraghy v El Faraghy & Ors  3 FCR 711 - Court of Appeal; complex financial proceedings following divorce
- P (a child - financial provision)  2 FCR 481 - Court of Appeal; provision for child of unmarried parents
Legal Director, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Professional Support Lawyer, Mishcon de Reya
Deputy Editor, Solicitors Journal
Partner, joint head of family department, CKFT
Solicitor, head of family department, Bolt Burdon
Qualified, Hatten Wyatt