Martyn is a Partner in the Intellectual Property group. He is a specialist in contentious and non-contentious intellectual property. His contentious work focuses on patent disputes but also covers trade marks, design rights and copyright disputes, especially in the oil and gas, life sciences, and software sectors. Typical examples of his work include advising Dermal Laboratories in a medical devices patent infringement by Orasure Inc; Milled Carbon Limited in a patent entitlement claim by Technical Fibre Products Limited; and Marussia F1 Racing in a dispute with WR Technologies Limited.
His non-contentious practice is mainly in the area of lifesciences, advising regular clients Perrigo (Pharma), Dermal laboratories (Pharma), United Phosphorus (Agrochemical), Clasado, Pharmasol (Pharma) on the full range of licensing, research and development, collaboration and supply agreements as well as regulatory, general IP and commercial advice.
Other non-contentious matters include advising Marussia F1 Racing on a technical services agreement with McLaren Racing and Harvey Nichols on the licensing of stores in Saudi Arabia, Dubai and Istanbul.
- Successfully defending patent infringement proceedings against Offshore Hydrocarbon Mapping plc by Electro Magnetic Geo Services A/S.
- Advising Heart Agency on its successful copyright infringement claim against the Booths supermarket chain.
- Advising Clasardo in its successful defence of the opposition proceedings brought by Nutricia in the EPO.
- Advising Harvey Nichols on the licensing of overseas stores in Saudi Arabia, Dubai and Istanbul; and, currently, in regard of the arbitration proceedings with the former licence of the Harvey Nichols store in Jakarta.
- Acting for United Phosphorous on numerous agrochemical product acquisitions, including most recently the acquisition of ASULAM from Bayer CropScience.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Assistant, Norton Rose
Assistant, Slaughter & May
Qualified, Slaughter & May
UCW Aberystwyth Law LLB