Kim is a partner in the Employment department and heads up our Start-up and Scaleup Employment practice. Kim collaborates with emerging and fast growth companies, and the investors who support them, to manage their global talent strategy and employment legal risks, in a pragmatic and cost effective way.
Kim has worked with organisations across all sectors but has a particular interest in life science/biotech and technology focused organisations.
Kim is also a member of the International Bar Association and is recognised as a leading individual within Legal 500 and ranked in Chambers & Partners.
- Supporting multiple start-ups with legal compliance - engagement, classification and document set-up.
- Assisting fast growth scaleups with overhauling onboarding approach and compliance reviews.
- Working with a large investment fund, supporting them on HR/talent strategy and employment law matters.
- Supporting emerging and fast growth companies with global talent retention; providing a cost effective tool to assess, in simple terms, risk level locations for engaging talent, preparing global engagement documents, including localised employment contracts, advising on how to manage local legal and cultural risk areas, advising on Employer of Record arrangements, and preparing global remote working approaches and guidelines
- Training fast growth businesses on appropriate workplace behaviour in a fast changing environment; leadership upskilling and coaching.
- Advising on complex legal risk areas such as IR35 considerations, agency working and TUPE.
- Acting for Claimants and Respondents in tribunal litigation and high court proceedings relating to breach of restrictive covenants and necessary business protections.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Taylor Vinters LLP
LLB, University of East Anglia
Legal Practice Course, Guildford College of Law