Jocelyn is a commercial litigator in Mishcon Private. She acts for a variety of clients including high profile and high net worth individuals, companies and families.
Jocelyn's private client work encompasses a wide range of contentious matters. She advises on all aspects of commercial litigation (including claims for civil fraud and breaches of contract and fiduciary duty) and reputation protection (advising both individuals and corporates on defamation, breach of privacy, misuse of private information, and data protection).
She also has experience of assisting with Professional Deputyship appointments, advising clients on will disputes, extradition cases, complaints against schools and academic institutions, high value clinical negligence and personal injury claims, and NHS healthcare disputes.
Jocelyn delivers external training to publishers on developments in media law and data protection and acts as a legal mentor for SPITE (Sharing and Publishing Images to Embarrass), a pro bono project run in partnership with the Legal Advice Centre at Queen Mary University, advising victims of revenge porn. She also acts as a legal mentor in the SPITE for Schools initiative, supervising law students in the delivery of bespoke workshops on the dangers of sharing intimate images to local secondary schools and sixth forms.
She is a member of the Junior London Solicitors Litigation Association (JLSLA).
- Advised on substantial and complex litigation involving numerous parties regarding a trust dispute and claims for breach of fiduciary duty.
- Advised on numerous substantial and complexapplications dealing, amongst other things, with unique challenges to the Court's jurisdiction to serve out of the jurisdiction and whether, prima facie, privileged documents are disclosable under the CPR 31.17 regime.
- Advised a purchaser on title and attribution issues following the acquisition of a classic car at auction.
- Advised a member of a Royal family in relation to the successful settlement of a contractual dispute.
- Advised a client on the recovery of substantial costs from an opponent following the successful settlement of her claim.
- Advised and successfully defended a British businessman facing extradition charges from the Greek authorities.
- Advised on commercial and personal contractual disputes.
- Represented and advised high profile phone hacking victims in claims against News Group and Mirror Group newspapers.
- Made successful applications to Google under their 'Right to be Forgotten' process, on a behalf of a prominent Russian businessman, requesting the take down of articles being published in breach of a UK Court order.
- Advised a client in relation to privacy rights involving breaches of the DPA associated with CCTV use.
- Advised on and drafted detailed submissions to the Attorney General in respect of charges the Serious Fraud Offence intend to bring against our client under the pre Bribery Act legislation - Prevention of Corruption Act 1906.
- Assisted in securing damages of £1.1 million for a young woman born prematurely and left with life changing health issues as a result of her treatment at a leading London hospital.
- Assisting a Professional Deputy in relation to his Court appointed obligations to make decisions relating to a protected persons property and affairs.
- Successfully settled a personal injury claim for a high profile individual.
- Advised several private individuals in claims for NHS funded Continuing Healthcare against several NHS Trusts.
- Advised an undergraduate student in a dispute with his enrolled University regarding issues arising out of the standard of teaching provided by the institution.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Chartered Legal Executive, Mishcon de Reya LLP
University of Law, GDL and LPC
University College London, MSc
King's College London, BSc (Hons)