Jocelyn is a litigator in Mishcon Private. She acts for a variety of clients including high profile and high net worth individuals, companies and families.
Jocelyn's private client work encompasses a wide range of contentious matters. She advises on all aspects of commercial litigation and reputation protection (advising both individuals and corporates on defamation, breach of privacy, misuse of private information, and data protection). She also has experience of estate litigation including will disputes, extradition cases, complaints against schools and academic institutions, high value personal injury claims and healthcare litigation and the administration of personal injury trusts following Court of Protection deputyship appointments.
Jocelyn delivers external training to publishers on developments in media law and data protection and acts as a legal mentor for SPITE (Sharing and Publishing Images to Embarrass), a pro bono project run in partnership with the Legal Advice Centre at Queen Mary University, advising victims of revenge porn.
She is a member of the Junior London Solicitors Litigation Association (JLSLA).
- Advising on substantial and complex litigation involving numerous parties regarding a trust dispute and claims for breach of fiduciary duty. Including advising on numerous interlocutory applications dealing, amongst other things, with unique challenges to the Court's jurisdiction and whether, prima facie, privileged documents are disclosable under the CPR 31.17 regime.
- Advising on and drafting detailed submissions to the Attorney General in respect of charges the Serious Fraud Offence intend to bring against our client under the pre Bribery Act legislation - Prevention of Corruption Act 1906.
- Advising a member of a Royal family in relation to a contractual and reputational dispute.
- Making successful applications to Google under their 'Right to be Forgotten' process, on a behalf of a prominent Russian businessman, requesting the take down of articles being published in breach of a UK Court order.
- Advising on and preparing pre-action specific disclosure applications.
- Advising high profile phone hacking victims in claims against News Group and Mirror Group newspapers.
- Advising a purchaser on title and attribution issues following the acquisition of a classic car at auction.
- Defending the beneficiaries of a will dispute.
- Advising a client on the recovery of substantial costs from an opponent following the successful settlement of her claim.
- Defending an experienced chartered accountant in a long-running investigation by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
- Advising an undergraduate student in a dispute with his enrolled University regarding issues arising out of the standard of teaching provided by the institution.
- Advising and successfully defending a British businessman facing extradition charges from the Greek authorities.
- Advising private individuals in claims for NHS funded Continuing Healthcare against several NHS Trusts.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Chartered Legal Executive, Mishcon de Reya LLP
University of Law, GDL and LPC
University College London, MSc
King's College London, BSc (Hons)