Hugo is a Managing Associate in the Technology team.
Hugo has experience of negotiating complex, and often international, financial technology transactions. Hugo generally advises and supports clients who operate on the unregulated, supplier side, within the FinTech sector.
- Advising on all commercial arrangements for a software-as-a-service cloud banking platform for challenger banks and financial institutions – engaging with financial institutions in the UK, US and APAC.
- Acting for a leading RegTech Platform on all their negotiations into financial institutions, law firms and other regulated entities on a PaaS basis – primarily against Tier 1 US and UK banks.
- Negotiating all global commercial contracts for a financial services payments business, often working with their cross-border payment service.
- Supporting a fast-growth fraud detection and payment authentication business on a range of commercial matters, having advised them from the very early days of their growth journey.
- Advising suppliers of SaaS solutions selling into Tier 1 banks and other financial institutions (investment banks, private equity and consumer/retail banking divisions).
- Advising on and running commercial licensing deals for a software platform into investment banks and equities teams, for middle office operations and processing, on a global basis.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Associate, Taylor Vinters
Associate, Taylor Vinters
Trainee Solicitor, Taylor Vinters
BPP University, Legal Practice Course
BPP University, Graduate Diploma in Law
University of York, BSc Geography (2011 - 2014)