Genevieve is a Partner in the Finance & Banking Disputes Group of the Dispute Resolution department.
She has a broad practice with a focus on complex commercial litigation, regulatory investigations, professional negligence claims and competition litigation. She has significant experience advising both claimants and defendants.
Genevieve is regularly instructed to provide pre-action strategic and tactical advice to clients, often leading to the early resolution of disputes. She has acted for investment banks, private equity funds, and companies in the finance and retail sectors, as well as individuals at confidential interviews in connection with regulatory investigations and at depositions in connection with US litigation.
Genevieve recently acted for Tesco and WH Smith in the high profile interchange fee litigation against MasterCard and Visa, assisting Tesco in successfully settling its claims against both card schemes and WH Smith in reaching a settlement with MasterCard.
In addition, she has represented clients in numerous mediations and is a Solicitor-Advocate with rights to appear in all Higher Courts (Civil) of England and Wales. She is a regular speaker at conferences including the CDR Autumn Litigation Symposium 2016 and the CDR Spring Competition Litigation Symposium at which she chaired panel discussions.
- Tesco Stores Ltd and others v MasterCard Inc. and others  EWHC 1145 (Ch)
- Barbados Trust Company Ltd v Bank of Zambia and Bank of America  EWCA Civ 148
- Dornoch Limited v Mauritius Union Assurance Co Limited  Lloyd's Rep IR 127
- In the matter of Brightview Ltd Sub Nom (1) Atlasview Ltd (2) Philip Barton (3) Sally Barton (4) Paul Hesketh v Reedbest Properties Ltd & 5 Others  EWHC 1056 (Ch)
- Derek Maurice Stevens & 15 Others v (1) George Bell (2) Michael Palmer (3) British Airways Plc (4) Kenneth Michael Post  EWCA Civ 672
- Cantor Fitzgerald International v Bird  Emp LR 1171
- Soft drinks company which had entered into a binding heads of agreement with several parties regarding the development, manufacture and distribution of a hot and cold soft drinks machine. Involved injunction in Malta.
- Large pensions arbitration involving accusations of mis-selling. Involved disclosure of 221 files of documents and exchange of expert evidence.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Humphries Kerstetter LLP
Business Director, 1 Chancery Lane
Solicitor, Linklaters LLP
Solicitor, Bird & Bird LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Macfarlanes LLP