Erin is a Cyber Manager within the Cyber team at Mishcon de Reya, providing advice on a broad range of cyber security areas. With a combined technical, business and education background, she has helped businesses to understand their cyber risk and implement significant improvements.
Erin has provided strategic and technical advice to clients spanning multiple sectors, including high-profile FTSE100 and banking clients. She has experience in supporting clients with security strategy, risk governance, data governance, identity and access management, third party security and large cyber security transformation projects.
She has significant experience of incident response, helping organisations respond and recover to major cyber incidents and their impacts.
Erin has completed a GCHQ-certified MSc in Information Security and is committed to help address the cyber skills shortage. She is also a qualified computer science teacher (through the TeachFirst programme), and has translated this experience to create multiple cyber security education programmes for learning and awareness at all business levels.
- Provided assurance over a cyber change program for a global bank, with responsibility for proactively reviewing and challenging IT projects to improve asset security, network monitoring, incident response & recovery, access management, and data backup.
- Worked as part of the core team delivering a number of post-breach data governance assessments, working alongside an incident response team.
- Provided live cyber crisis support, bridging communications between IT/Security teams and senior business stakeholders for a private firm and identifying an immediate recovery strategy.
- Designed and implemented a third-party security framework for a FTSE100 retail client, aligned and embedded with procurement processes to introduce information security due diligence, assurance and termination activities and support risk management.
- Designed a bespoke application categorisation tool for a bank, implementing global risk assessment processes to assess their application landscape and identify/apply the appropriate governance.
- Created and facilitated various programmes and events to educate security professionals and identify talent, including delivering a three-day event cyber security "hackathon".
Cyber Security Senior Associate, PwC UK
Cyber Security Associate, PwC UK
Computer Science Teacher (Leadership Development Scheme), TeachFirst
Royal Holloway, University of London, MSc, Information Security
Institute of Education, UCL, University of London, PGCE
Loughborough University, BSc, Information Technology Management for Business
Articles and Publications