Ceri Stoner is a Managing Associate in the firm's Tax practice, specialising in corporate taxation. She has particular expertise in relation to mergers and acquisitions, private equity and financing transactions.
Ceri works closely with the Corporate department on group reorganisations and the efficient structuring of investments and funds to minimise for UK and overseas direct tax and indirect/transfer taxes.
- Advising on all aspects of corporate mergers and acquisitions, including the sale/acquisition of partnership interests, providing tax analysis and solutions at all transaction stages.
- Advising onshore and offshore funds with multi-jurisdictional investments, including structuring advice on choices of vehicle/jurisdiction, withholding taxes, transfer pricing matters, treatment of earned interests and permanent establishment/CFC issues.
- Structuring groups for listings, including advice on all stages from the preliminary group reorganisation through to exit strategies.
- Advising on contentious tax issues at all levels from initial challenges of an HMRC assessment through to the Court of Appeal.
- Advising on securitisations, including in particular the structuring and implementation of CDO structures.