Caroline is an Associate in the Incentives team, within the Employment department. She specialises in advising clients on the design, implementation and compliance of UK and global employee incentive arrangements including long term incentive plans, all-employee share plans, HMRC tax-advantaged plans, management incentive plans and growth share and joint ownership plans.
Caroline advises a wide range of businesses across several industry sectors including financial services, entertainment, social media and transport. She acts for companies that are listed on the London Stock Exchange and AIM, together with private companies and owner-managed businesses.
She has a background in both employment law and corporate transactional law and is well placed to advise companies on the impact corporate actions may have on their incentive arrangements.
Caroline was named an Associate to Watch in Chambers and Partners 2018 and was recognised as being "extremely professional, efficient, friendly and a pleasure to work with".
- Assisting a multi-national social media company to explore the different ways in which it can retain and encourage influencers using incentive arrangements
- Acting for a company on setting up a management incentive plan to incentivise senior employees within the company
- Working with a Fintech company to establish an innovative multi-jurisdictional share plan for its senior employees, together with a separate all employee cash –based plan
- Advising two company founders on the tax implications of a share issue. In particular, exploring the effect of their residency and domiciled status on their tax treatment
- Advising a senior executive on the enforceability of his share options on a sale of his employer
- Advising a large company on the tax implications of entering into a settlement agreement with an employee on long term sick leave
- Establishing an employee benefit trust for a AIM listed company to underpin it's share plan, working with both the Company and trustees to achieve objectives
- Establishing Enterprise Management Incentive schemes for a wide range of different businesses
- Assisting employment colleagues in advising a senior executive on their entitlement to awards post termination of employment, including securing accelerated vesting of these awards
- Advising a wide range of companies on the implications of the Market Abuse Regulations which came into force in July 2016
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Cripps LLP
Solicitor, Whitehead Monckton Limited
Trainee Solicitor, Whitehead Monckton Limited
University of Law GDL & LPC (LLB Hons)
University of Liverpool, BA Hons Politics