Ben is an Associate in the Intellectual Property Group in the Dispute Resolution Department.
Ben advises on all aspects of intellectual property and specialises in the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights including trade marks, passing off, design rights, copyright, confidential information and patents. He has acted for a wide-range of clients in the fashion, luxury goods, food and beverage, media, life sciences and technology sectors.
At his previous firm, Ben worked predominantly as a patent litigator where he acted for a number of the world's largest pharmaceutical and telecoms companies in complex and high profile multi-jurisdictional disputes.
Ben is also a solicitor-advocate with higher rights of audience in the English Courts and completed the Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law in 2016. Ben has also spent time on secondment at his previous firm's New York office.
- Acting for a pharmaceutical client in patent DNI proceedings which concluded in the Supreme Court
- Acting for a cosmetic company enforcing its patent rights relating to a hair care product through infringement proceedings in the High Court
- Acting for an international intermediates company as part of a misuse of confidential information case
- Acting for a food and beverage company appealing a UK IPO decision refusing its trade mark application
- Advising an international satellite television provider on sports broadcasting rights and media regulation
- Advising a charitable entity in relation to rolling out a maternity education programme in China
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Associate, Hogan Lovells International LLP
Trainee, Hogan Lovells International LLP
University of Oxford, Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice
BPP University, Legal Practice Course
BPP University, Graduate Diploma in Law
University of Oxford, Modern Languages (French and Spanish) MA Oxon