Ammar Thair is an Associate in the Corporate department (Funding and M&A division).
Since December 2020, Ammar has been advising entrepreneurs, corporate companies (both UK-based and international) and others, in connection with their mergers and acquisitions, shareholder and constitutional arrangements, group reorganisations, fundraising and investment rounds, and general corporate matters.
He has experience working closely with founders, management teams, corporate finance advisors and in-house counsel on multi-million-pound transactions, and has advised clients in the technology, manufacturing, food and drink, energy, professional services and e-commerce sectors.
Ammar has also served as innovation representative for the Corporate team, is a member of the firm's diversity committee, completed the EIS Diploma accreditation and has had three articles published on Lexology, focused on M&A deal preparation.
- Acted for the shareholders of a leading UK-based manufacturer of gas and air-quality detection sensors, Alphasense Limited, on its sale to an NYSE-listed buyer, Ametek Inc. (International Deal of the Year: Insider Dealmakers Awards 2022, Central & East).
- Assisted the founders of an award-winning canned coffee company, Bottleshot Brew, on their sale to the London-based boutique café group, Grind.
- Acted for a US client on two of its strategic UK acquisitions in the e-commerce sector, and its subsequent group restructuring.
- Acted for a leading developer of onshore energy projects on the disposal of four of its land and renewable energy projects throughout the UK.
- Assisted on the £30 million acquisition of a London-based laser eye clinic on behalf of a HKSE-listed client, together with German and HK counsel.
- Acted as corporate support on the UK aspects of an $85 million USD international asset acquisition in the industrials and manufacturing sector.
- Acted on the Series A follow-on investment into a leading high-growth space technology company on behalf of a FTSE 250 Venture Capital firm.
- Acted for a company operating as an online e-commerce platform on its Series B investment round from new and existing investors.
- Assisted the executive team on the management buy-out of a mapping/data technology company, advising on constitutional arrangements, shareholder rights and considerations therein.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Taylor Vinters LLP (Qualified 2020)
Trainee Solicitor, Fieldfisher
Paralegal (Real Estate Finance), Shakespeare Martineau
The University of Law, Legal Practice Course with a Master's in Law, Business and Management (LPC, MSc)
The University of Nottingham, Law (LLB)