Adam is a Commercial Partner in the Corporate department, with over 25 years' experience, specialising in advising clients on IT and commercial contracts, including franchising, agency, distribution and terms of business.
He advises clients across a number of sectors, but in particular, those in real estate, publishing and broadcasting, financial services and retail and leisure, including hotels and restaurants.
Adam is an expert in data protection and freedom of information law, where he advises corporates and individuals on all aspects of the law.
Adam is the International Development Partner at Mishcon de Reya. His primary objective is to ensure the firm consistently delivers the best advice to its clients and to gain the trust of clients and lawyers from around the world. He works closely with the partners appointed as leaders for each international region to closely monitor the overseas service the Firm provides, the expansion of its client-base and how it is delivering against its strategy.
- Advising the Intertain Group Limited in relation to proposed acquisition of Jackpotjoy site and business partnership with Gamesys Limited.
- The Financial Times in relation to the taking in-house of its major London printing arrangements, resulting from the insolvency of its printers.
- Balfour Beatty in connection with the services arrangements with a central Government department.
- Michael Page on software development and web-related agreements.
- The Guardian on numerous contracts associated with its website, in particular.
- Dock10/MediaCityUK on the BBC’s major move to the Salford Studios and on ITV’s Granada studio move also to Salford.
- Land Securities on various advertising contracts at its landmark Piccadilly Circus estate.
- OCS on various IT development contracts.
- A major UK utility on its ongoing data protection issues.
- Tie Rack on its international franchising, and various franchisees on their franchise arrangements (in restaurants, retail, hospitality, leisure and education).
- Various betting and gaming companies on their IT contracts.
- Various property developers on freedom of information and environmental information issues opposite planning authorities around the UK.
Articles and Publications
- Data Protection and the Right to be Forgotten (PLC), 2012.
- Co-author of ‘Getting out of a Contract’ (Gower), 2001.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
Solicitor, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
Articled Clerk, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
Open University, PPE
LSE, LLM (IP and IT Law)
College of Law, Law Society Finals Examination
Manchester University, BA (Hons) Accounting and Law