Abby is an Associate in the Firm's Private department where she works on a wide range of commercial disputes for both companies and individuals. As a member of Art Law, Abby acts for galleries, auction houses, artists, collectors, foundations and other public and private institutions in relation to disputes concerning ownership, provenance, attribution and restitution of artworks.
Abby has specialist knowledge and interest in the evolving area of data protection and regularly advises on rights and obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998, acting for both individuals and companies. She also provides training on data protection issues for the firm and its clients.
- Acting in disputes arising out of breaches of contract, negligence and misrepresentation for individuals and companies;
- Representing an individual in a claim against a data controller following its refusal to disclose personal data;
- Acting in a dispute between business partners;
- Advising on the copyright and consequential rights of artists;
- Representing a collector in an ownership dispute following an aborted auction;
- Acting for an artist following the damage of artworks whilst in storage;
- Advising a gallery on the reproduction of artworks where copyright in the images was owned by various parties;
- Advising an art dealer on issues of provenance; and
- Acting for an individual seeking restitution of a Holocaust looted artwork.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Called to the Bar, 2011
Legal Assistant, Mishcon de Reya
BPP Law School
University of Newcastle, Combined Studies in Arts BA (Hons)