Susannah is a Partner in the Firm's Employment Department. She acts for employers and employees on contentious and non-contentious matters with experience of the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, High Court and Employment Tribunal. She works at the forefront of the legal landscape advising clients on matters arising out of the "gig" economy and is a recognised commentator on matters relating to worker status. Susannah acted for Pimlico Plumbers in the Supreme Court in the landmark case on worker status. Susannah has also advised in relation to and conducted a number of investigations, particularly (but not exclusively) relating to issues arising from the #MeToo movement. Susannah also represented the Jewish Labour Movement in relation to the referral of the Labour Party to the Equality and Human Rights Commission on issues of antisemitism.
Susannah advises on strategic issues as well as on terminations, redundancies, settlement agreements, all aspects of discrimination and whistleblowing legislation, restrictive covenants, executive remuneration issues and corporate strategy and structuring issues. Susannah also has experience of advising on confidentiality and privacy issues in relation to both Court and Tribunal proceedings.
Susannah is recognised as having a strategic, pragmatic and commercial approach by her clients who come from a range of sectors including financial services, professional services, Fin Tech, design, fashion and recruitment.
Susannah is a member of the Firm's Technology Group, Retail and Fashion Group and Recruitment Services Group and advises on start-up and scale-up issues for companies along with business protection, breach of restrictive covenants, team moves and data theft issues. Susannah is a contributor to Harvey on Industrial Relations and Employment Law (the pre-eminent Employment practitioners text) on the issue of Restraint of Trade. Susannah is also a member of the Employment Lawyers' Association.
Susannah mentors fashion brands as part of Mishcon de Reya's Walpole luxury brand initiative and also mentors companies in the Tech arena as part of Mishcon de Reya's Leap 100 programme. She is also a board member of Cosmetic Executive Women.
Susannah is ranked in the Legal 500 2020 as a Next Generation Lawyer for Employers and Senior Executives, and is described as 'an undeniable star of the future'.
- Leading a piece of litigation up to the Supreme Court for Pimlico Plumbers on the complicated issue of employment status.
- Advising a number of Tech companies on issues around employment status in relation to the "gig" economy.
- Litigating in the Employment Tribunal and the Employment Appeal Tribunal defending a high profile individual and advising on related issues concerning privacy and confidentiality.
- Assisting on a piece of litigation for a family office in the Employment Appeal Tribunal, which considered the question of whether an individual was an employee and/or a member of an LLP.
- Acting as an investigator in relation to allegations of sexual misconduct.
- Advising clients from professional and financial services in relation to investigations into allegations of victimisation, sexual harassment and whistleblowing.
- Advising firms in the financial services and recruitment space on issues relating to team moves.
- Acting for a number of clients in successfully obtaining undertakings and interim relief in relation to the theft of confidential information and breaches of restrictive covenants.
- Negotiating high value settlements for individuals in respect of both sex discrimination and whistleblowing disputes across a wide range of industry sectors.
- Acting for a high profile individual in the exit from his senior financial services position and advised on the start-up of a new fund.
- Advising a number of Senior Executives from leading PLCs, Financial Services and the fashion sector in relation to the renegotiation of terms and exit terms.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Trainee, Lovells LLP
Legal Practice Course at BPP
Leeds University (LLB Hons)