Stuart is a Partner in our Corporate department. He specialises in corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions for both public and private companies. He advises on listed company transactions, including flotations, takeovers and fundraisings. He also advises on joint ventures, private fundraisings, shareholder disputes, regulatory issues and corporate re-organisations.
Stuart is a member of the Betting and Gaming group, and has extensive experience within this sector. Representative examples include advising two substantial shareholders of PartyGaming Plc on its merger with bwin Interactive Entertainment AG and advising on private equity investments and mergers and acquisitions within the gambling and technology sector. He also advises on wide range of regulatory issues within the online gambling sector. Stuart also acts for clients in a number of other sectors, including real estate, technology and renewable energy.
Stuart also advises on the corporate aspects of insolvency-related transactions, including insolvent business sales, debt for equity swaps and schemes of arrangement.
- Advising the Intertain Group Limited on its acquisition of the Jackpotjoy brands for an initial payment of £425.8m and its partnership with Gamesys Limited.
- Advised the Government of Gibraltar in relation to the GBGA's judicial review challenge to the UK's new point of consumption licensing regime.
- Advised two of the founders of PartyGaming Plc on its merger with bwin Interactive Entertainment AG.
- Advised two of the founders on the £4.64 billion IPO of PartyGaming plc.
- Advised Earls Court & Olympia on its £55 million acquisition of the Chiswell Street Brewery portfolio from Whitbread Group plc.
- Advised London Town plc on its £94 million acquisition (constituting a reverse takeover on AIM) of a property portfolio.
- Advised UMP plc, an AIM-listed Indian-movie production company, and its independent directors on the takeover by its Indian listed parent company UTV Software Communications Ltd, of the remaining 23% minority not already held by UTV.
- Advised MacLellan Group plc on its £120 million recommended takeover by Interserve plc.
- Advised a secured lender to a company regarding a proposed CVA and the resulting debt for equity swap.
- Advised Indian-listed company, Noida Toll Bridge Co Ltd, on its US$45 million GDR issue on AIM.
- Advised ACP Mezzanine Limited on its €100 million dual listing on AIM and the Channel Islands Stock Exchange.
- Advised majority shareholder of Vesuvius Limited in respect of the AIM-listing of Rightster Group PLC.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Research Assistant, Law Commission
Hertford College, Oxford University - BCL
Hertford College, Oxford University – BA (Hons) Law