Rhymal is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution department and specialises in civil fraud. He has an in-depth knowledge of representing and defending clients in cases involving Search Orders, Freezing Orders, Delivery Up Orders, Restraining and Computer Imaging Injunctions, Third Party Disclosure Orders and other asset recovery techniques. He has also been involved in cases relating to breaches of fiduciary duties, breach of contract and professional negligence. Rhymal has also dealt with numerous matters relating to the missappropriation of confidential information, data theft and misuse of trade secrets and breaches of restrictive covenants.
His commercial litigation work has given him experience of corporate fraud, international arbitration and recovery of stolen assets. Clients include multi-national, FTSE 250 corporates and high net worth individuals.
- Frequently obtaining without notice Search, Evidence Preservation and Asset Freezing Orders against defendants, both in the UK and overseas across multiple sectors. Acting for defendants opposing such orders.
- Acting for Middle Eastern based telecommunications company in multi-million pound cross-jurisdictional fraud claim.
- A multi-million pound international arbitration concerning claims for breach of duty brought against management team of start up telecoms business.
- Acting for investors in multi-million pound matter where misrepresentation is alleged against a Swiss private bank and financial advisor.
- Representing FTSE100 recruitment agencies and estate agents on a number of information theft and covenant-enforcement cases.
- Acting for both individuals and companies in obtaining Third Party Disclosure Orders from banks, telephone companies and private individuals.
- Various claims concerning poaching of key employees and solicitation of clients in recruitment sector; acting for the employees themselves; for the previous employer and prospective employer.
- Acting for an international company in relation to claims for breach of contract and for inducing a breach of contract by a third party.
- Conducting various internal enquiries concerning allegations of misconduct or malpractice.
Legal Director, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Qualified, Mishcon de Reya
The University of Westminster, Law
ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS
Rhymal has recently written an article regarding data theft in the property sector