Lydia is an Associate in the Corporate department and has a broad range of experience in transactional and advisory work. Her transactional experience includes advising on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and reorganisations. She also regularly advises clients on shareholder and joint venture structures and arrangements.
Lydia acts for high net worth individuals, entrepreneurs and corporations whose interests span a range of industries including hospitality, finance and technology. Her work involves UK transactions as well as projects with an international angle on which she frequently works closely with overseas counsel and advisors.
Lydia is increasingly involved in the Firm's FinTech & RegTech offering, with a particular interest in cryptocurrencies. She is a mentor for the Firm's M:Tech programme, and a member of the social impact team involved in advising businesses on the conversion to B Corporation status.
- Advising a university accommodation developer on the sale of a portfolio of four sites to a joint venture of property and infrastructure investors for £240m.
- Acting for the management team of a leading automotive funding group on the management buy-out backed by the private equity arm of a leading bank.
- Advising on the joint venture between a well-known street food business and a family office, and the funding arrangements for the building of the group's first food court in Covent Garden.
- Advising a global engineering consultancy and technical recruiting business on its acquisition of a London-based multi-disciplinary consultancy and technical services provider in the energy industry.
- Advising an international claims and insurance group on the UK aspects of its multi-jurisdictional debt restructuring.
- Advising an American commercial real estate services and investment firm on the acquisition of a data centre optimization consultancy and solutions provider.
- Advising the majority shareholder fund on the sale of its interest in the world leader in the research, cultivation and commercialisation of ingredients delivered from microalgae to a French cosmetic, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical company for c. $40m.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Veale Wasbrough Vizards LLP
University of Law, LLM (LPC)
University of Bristol, Law LLB