Lydia is a Managing Associate in the Corporate department and has a broad range of experience in transactional and advisory work. Her transactional experience includes advising on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and reorganisations. She also regularly advises clients on shareholder and joint venture structures and arrangements.
Lydia acts for high net worth individuals, entrepreneurs and corporations whose interests span a range of industries including hospitality, finance and technology. Her work involves UK transactions as well as projects with an international angle on which she frequently works closely with overseas counsel and advisors.
Lydia is increasingly involved in the Firm's FinTech & RegTech offering, with a particular interest in cryptocurrencies. She is a mentor for the Firm's M:Tech programme, and a member of the social impact team involved in advising businesses on the conversion to B Corporation status.
- Advising a major hospitality group on its winning bid for the Corbin & King restaurant group following an auction of the business by administrators.
- Advising the shareholders of a globally recognised sports, entertainment and media board and senior executive search firm on the sale of the business to a US management and marketing agency.
- Acting for the management team of a leading automotive funding group on the management buy-out backed by the private equity arm of a leading bank.
- Advising the majority shareholder fund on the sale of its interest in the world leader in the research, cultivation and commercialisation of nutraceuticals to a French cosmetic and pharmaceutical business.
- Advising the management team of a leading street-food business on its joint venture with an offshore family office, and subsequently on its joint venture with a global catering company.
- Advising a university accommodation developer on the sale of a portfolio of four sites to a joint venture of property and infrastructure investors.
- Advising an international claims and insurance group on the UK aspects of its multi-jurisdictional debt restructuring.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Veale Wasbrough Vizards LLP
University of Law, LLM (LPC)
University of Bristol, Law LLB