Jessica is an Associate in the White Collar Crime and Investigations Group with experience in a range of white collar crime, extradition and corporate cases.
Jessica has acted for both corporate and individual clients facing investigations into fraud, bribery and money laundering, as well as other criminal and regulatory matters. Jessica has advised clients being investigated by the Serious Fraud Office, Crown Prosecution Service and Financial Conduct Authority, as well as the U.S. Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission. She has also advised various corporate clients conducting internal investigations into issues including bribery and corruption, fraud and money laundering.
Jessica has extensive experience in advising clients subject to extradition requests both within and outside of the EU, as well as those subject to Interpol notices.
Prior to joining Mishcon de Reya, Jessica trained and qualified with a specialist criminal defence firm, and as a result has experience advising clients being prosecuted for a range of general crime matters, both at the police station and trial stage. Jessica later worked in the London office of a leading U.S. firm in its Litigation & Enforcement team.
Jessica is a Vice Chair of Women in Criminal Law, and a member of the Defence Extradition Lawyers' Forum.
- Worked with a team advising a global financial institution on the Serious Fraud Office's investigation and prosecutions in relation to alleged benchmark manipulation.
- Represented a senior executive at a global oil and gas services provider who was being investigated by the Serious Fraud Office in relation to allegations of bribery of government officials in various jurisdictions.
- Advised a senior executive at a global aerospace company in relation to a joint investigation by the UK, U.S. and French authorities into allegations of corruption, bribery, fraud and export related misconduct.
- Represented two appellants in the High Court whose extradition was sought pursuant to the first extradition request issued by Paraguay to the UK in relation to a highly publicised pension fund fraud.
- Represented a former Ukrainian politician to successfully resist extradition on politically motivated charges.
- Represented the Chief Compliance Officer at a hedge fund who the Financial Conduct Authority was investigating, along with the firm and other senior executives, in relation to alleged failings around compliance and conflict management.
- Conducted several internal investigations for a global pharmaceutical company in relation to various compliance violations around bribery and corruption.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP,
Associate, Ropes & Gray LLP
Solicitor,Sonn Macmillan Walker
King's College London, LLB