Audrey Dwyer is Of Counsel, Knowledge Lawyer in the Competition group in the Innovation department.
Audrey is an experienced competition damages litigation and commercial disputes lawyer. She has acted for clients in a variety of matters before the High Court in London, in various arbitrations, both institutional and ad hoc, and mediations. Audrey has a broad international practice which covers competition litigation, commercial litigation, international arbitration, and insurance/reinsurance matters. She represents clients across financial services, energy, retail, telecoms and life sciences industries.
Audrey represented Microsoft in its cartel damages claims against Sony, Panasonic, LG Chem, Sanyo and Samsung SDI in the High Court. Audrey also represented a number of clients in their interchange fee claims brought against MasterCard and Visa.
Audrey advises clients on issues such as competition damages claims, contract and joint venture disputes, freezing and injunction procedures, and general commercial disputes. She has represented clients in complex cross-border disputes in jurisdictions including Kazakhstan, Bulgaria, Italy, South Korea, Kuwait, the British Virgin Islands (BVI), and Estonia.
Alongside dispute work, Audrey has frequently advised clients on contractual and operational issues arising in their businesses.
- Advised the representative claimant in an opt-out representative action in the English High Court on behalf of 1.6million individuals against Google and Deepmind Technologies regarding the misuse of private information.
- Advised Microsoft in relation to its claim against various manufacturers of lithium batteries in the UK High Court for breach of EU and various domestic competition laws.
- Acted for a party in complex multi-jurisdictional freezing injunction proceedings relating to the default on a very high value loan by the borrower in the Commercial Court.
- Represented a reinsurer in complex and high value proceedings in the Commercial Court arising from its reinsurance of refund guarantee risks in the shipbuilding sector.
- Acted for London market reinsurers in Commercial Court proceedings concerning a claims control issue in a construction all risks policy.
- Advised reinsurers in relation to a claim brought under a bankers' blanket bond reinsurance policy.
- Acted for the defendant in Commercial Court proceedings in respect of a dispute arising under a share purchase agreement between parties in the telecoms sector.
- Advised private clients in relation to media-related claims in the High Court arising from the interception of their mobile telephone voicemails by a well-known (now defunct) newspaper.
- Represented a party in LCIA proceedings involving a claim brought under a tax deed of indemnity in connection with the acquisition of an oil company.
- Acted for the claimant in LCIA arbitration proceedings in respect of a dispute arising from breach of post-closing covenants in a share sale and purchase agreement, and in subsequent proceedings involving challenges made pursuant to both the LCIA Rules, and the Arbitration Act 1996.
Of Counsel, Knowledge Lawyer, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Senior Associate, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
Senior Associate, Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP
Junior associate (prior to that Trainee Solicitor), Norton Rose Fulbright