Robert is a Managing Associate in the Employment department. He advises clients on a wide range of employment-related matters such as discrimination, whistleblowing, trade union relations, restrictive covenants and day-to-day HR issues. He has extensive experience advising clients in the financial services sector on the Senior Managers and Certification Regime.
Robert also advises educational institutions and individuals on safeguarding, complaints, exclusions and discrimination.
Robert is Vice Chair of the Industrial Law Society and member of the Employment Lawyers Association. He is a governor of the Latymer Foundation and a former teacher.
- Advised a well-known luxury brand on a large scale redundancy exercise due to the impact of COVID-19.
- Represented a leisure and tourism group at the Central Arbitration Committee opposing a trade union application for statutory recognition.
- Worked as legal secondee to a leading Russell Group university, taking responsibility for managing the university's employment tribunal caseload.
- Successfully advised a senior executive on a disability discrimination claim against a well-known international investment bank.
- Advised a long-established private bank on the implementation of the FCA's Senior Managers and Certification Regime.
- Represented a leading independent school defending a claim for disability discrimination at the First Tier and Upper Tribunals.
- Advised numerous schools, and delivered training for sector bodies, on the handling of complex parental complaints.
Managing Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Trustee, Latymer Foundation
Associate, Farrer & Co LLP (Qualified 2013)
History Teacher, Kingsbury School & Sports College
The Queen's College, University of Oxford, Modern History & Politics