Nick is a Partner and Head of the Corporate department. He specialises in mergers and acquisitions (M&A), reorganisation and restructurings.
With over two decades of experience, Nick's work spans a wide range of industries including recruitment services, finance, technology and property services. His extensive client base includes a broad range of business types, from entrepreneurs to international corporations. It is in recruitment services, however, that Nick has forged a particular reputation.
Nick continues to be recognised as a leading Corporate/M&A lawyer by key legal directories, including Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500, with clients praising Nick for his "M&A savvy" and describing him as "very sound and very commercial." He has also been recognised as one of the Best Corporate Lawyers in the Spear's 500 list for three consecutive years, appearing in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 editions.
As Head of the Corporate department, Nick is also heavily involved in The Leap 100 programme, which brings together 100 of the UK's most exciting, fast-growth companies.
- Advising the management team of TMP Holdings LTD on its sale to TrueBlue.
- Advising Staffing 360 Solutions, Inc., a company executing an international buy-and-build strategy through the acquisition of staffing organisations in the United States and in the United Kingdom, on a number of transactions including the acquisition of Clement May Limited, CBS Butler Holdings and the acquisitions of The JM Group and Poolia UK Limited.
- Advising Business Environment on the completion of a £65m refinancing of its property portfolio with HSBC
- Advising Allen Lane Limited and its shareholders on the sale of their interests in the consulting and managed services company, Allen Lane Consulting Limited ("ALC") to Outsourcing UK Limited
- Advising nGAGE Specialist Recruitment Limited on its acquisition of 85% of the issued share capital of Qu Recruitment Limited
- Advising commercial investment entity, Matterhorn Palos Partnership, on the sale of Kings Mall shopping centre in Hammersmith, to Schroders UK Real Estate fund
- Advising Interalloys GmbH on the acquisition of the metals and concentrates business of Euromin S.A., a subsidiary of the Vitol Group, the biggest independent oil trader
- Acting for the shareholders of Initio International Holdings Limited ("Initio") on the sale of the entire issued share capital of Initio. Initio was purchased by US listed company Staffing 360 Solutions Inc. for a consideration in excess of US$15 million
- Advising Cienega S.a.r.l on its acquisition of a 90% interest in Blackdown Minerals Limited
- Advising Canadian media production company DHX Media on its acquisition of Ragdoll Worldwide Ltd from BBC Worldwide and a group including Anne Wood, the creator of the Teletubbies, for £17.4 million
- Advising Carbon Resource Management Limited, a market leading carbon emissions trader, on its re-organisation and investment by the Vitol Group
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Kilpatrick Stockton LLP
Partner, Altheimer & Gray
Solicitor, DJ Freeman & Co
Qualified, Richard Freeman & Co
London University BA (Hons)