Lucy is an Associate in the Intellectual Property department.
She advises clients in relation to the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights, particularly in contentious matters concerning trade mark, copyright and related rights, design rights, confidential information, domain names and patents. Lucy has particular experience in both online and offline brand enforcement for clients in the retail sector, as well as the enforcement of IP judgments, including by way of contempt proceedings. She has experience acting for clients in obtaining and executing Search and Seizure Orders and advises clients on Customs and Trading Standards detentions and enforcement.
Lucy acts for clients across a wide range of sectors including retail and e-commerce, fashion and luxury goods, music, e-cigarettes and gaming.
She has acted for clients in proceedings before the High Court, The Intellectual Property Enterprise Court, as well as in trade mark registry proceedings before the UKIPO, EUIPO and the EU General Court in Luxembourg.
Lucy is a member of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI) as well as The Society for Junior Intellectual Property Practitioners.
- Experience advising on intellectual property matters, with a particular emphasis on trade mark, design right and copyright disputes before the High Court and related advisory work.
- Defending a client in the music industry in a trade mark and copyright dispute concerning an iconic artwork.
- Experience of trade mark registry proceedings, including before the EU General Court.
- Advising various companies in the retail sector on the online and offline protection and enforcement of their trade mark and design right portfolios.
- Advising on Customs measures and Customs detentions to prevent the flow of counterfeit goods.
- Advising on the recovery of domain names through both WIPO and Nominet and removing company names which infringe trade marks.
- Acting on several successful contempt of court proceedings for the purposes of enforcement of IP judgments.
- Obtaining and executing a Search and Seizure Order, third party disclosure orders and a novel injunction mandating the transfer of a website on behalf of a global technology company in the retail sector.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Pinsent Masons LLP
Trainee Solicitor, Allen & Overy LLP
BPP University, Accelerated LPC
BPP University, GDL
Durham University, Modern Languages