Daniel is a Partner in the Real Estate department with over 20 years' experience, specialising in all aspects of commercial property investment and development, with particular emphasis on investment structures for quoted and private property companies and funds.
Daniel acts for a range of UK real estate investment and development clients including O&H Properties, Matterhorn Capital and Mansford. His matters include advising O&H on the redevelopment of the Podium Shopping Centre in Bath, with a subsequent letting of the site to Waitrose to create their Waitrose At Home concept, and the redevelopment of Christian Dior's flagship London store in New Bond Street. He also acted for a group of investors led by the Matterhorn Palos Partnership on its acquisition of Hammersmith's Kings Mall Shopping Centre and its subsequent disposal for £153 million.
Daniel also has expertise in student accommodation development and PRS/build-to-rent development and funding. This includes advising specialist PRS investor and operator Fizzy Living on various forward funding schemes such as the circa £100 million forward funding and purchase of a 348-unit residential scheme at Silvertown Way in Canning Town.
In addition, Daniel acts for banks on a variety of property finance transactions and has particular expertise in development finance.
- Advising O&H Properties on the redevelopment of the Podium Shopping Centre in Bath and the subsequent letting of the site to Waitrose Limited to create their Waitrose At Home concept and the redevelopment of Christian Dior's flagship London store at 161/162 New Bond Street.
- Acting for Investec Bank PLC on various acquisition and development finance facilities.
- Representing a group of investors led by the Matterhorn Palos Partnership on its £113.5 million acquisition of the 431,316 sq ft Kings Mall Shopping Centre in Hammersmith and the subsequent disposal for £153 million.
- Advising Mansford LLP on the acquisitions of two UK-wide portfolios, collectively valued at more than £90 million. These comprise the Eagle portfolio, 22 multi-let industrial sites with a combined floor area of 1.6 million sq ft and over 200 tenants, and the Safari portfolio consisting of 23 pubs.
- Acting for specialist PRS investor and operator Fizzy Living on various forward funding schemes including the circa £100 million forward funding and purchase of a 348 unit residential scheme at Silvertown Way in Canning Town. The entire scheme will be developed through a joint venture between Galliford Try and Thames Valley Housing and when complete, the 2.1 hectare Silvertown Way site will have a GDV in the region of £360m and will deliver 1100 homes of mixed tenure across 11 blocks to include a hotel, gym, shops, offices and restaurants. We have also acted on the forward funding of two residential towers in Lewisham for £33.5 million which forms part of the larger Lewisham Gateway Scheme and which involves the complete redevelopment of Lewisham City Centre. Fizzy Living is one of the key operators and developers in the private rented sector.
- Acting for an overseas investor on the acquisition of 110 – 124 Theobalds Road, Holborn WC1.
- Acting for Matterhorn Palos Partnership on its £92.5m acquisition of the “O2” Leisure and Retail Scheme in Finchley Road, London NW3, and the subsequent sale for £125.9m to Land Securities.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Partner, Berwin Leighton Paisner
Solicitor, Paisner & Co
City of London School
University of Manchester (LLB)