Alice is an Associate in the Intellectual Property Disputes team in the Innovation department.
Alice advises on a range of IP issues covering trade marks, passing off, copyright, designs, patents, domain names and confidential information. She has experience of both contentious and non-contentious IP matters across a range of sectors including fashion and cosmetics, sport, FMCG and technology.
Alice has represented clients in disputes before the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court and the High Court, and also has experience in trade mark registry proceedings before the UKIPO and EUIPO.
Alice also has in-house experience from her time at Marks and Spencer. She completed the Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice at the University of Oxford in 2020.
- Experience advising on intellectual property disputes, with a particular emphasis on trade mark, design right and copyright disputes.
- International trade mark portfolio management for a large British cosmetics retailer.
- In-house experience advising both the clothing/home and food businesses at a leading British retailer.
- Acting for the claimant in an IPEC matter relating to a trade mark infringement and passing off dispute.
- Acting on an appeal from the UKIPO to the High Court.
Associate, D Young & Co LLP
IP Legal Counsel, Marks and Spencer plc
Associate, DLA Piper UK LLP
Trainee Solicitor, DLA Piper UK LLP
Trainee Solicitor, King & Wood Mallesons
University of Oxford, Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice
University of Bristol, Experimental Psychology (BSc)