Sofia is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution Department, specialising in civil fraud and commercial litigation.
She has experience of working for both individual and corporate clients across a wide range of disputes, including conspiracy, breach of fiduciary duties, misappropriation of data and confidential information, breach of restrictive covenants and shareholder disputes. These disputes are often complex and multi-jurisdictional in nature.
Sofia has experience of obtaining and defending against a variety of High Court injunctions, including search orders, computer imaging orders, delivery up and freezing orders. She also has experience of arbitration proceedings, including being involved in numerous arbitrations governed by the LCIA and ICC rules.
- Acting for an international media company against its former management team in respect of a multimillion-pound claim for breach of fiduciary duty based on diversion of business opportunities, breach of confidence and misuse of confidential information.
- Acting for a listed mining company in a dispute involving several applications for injunctive relief, complex jurisdictional issues and English company law claims.
- Acting for a multinational information technology company to obtain multiple search and freezing orders in respect of a large-scale fraud.
- Acting on a multimillion-pound dispute between directors and shareholders of a large group of hotels in an LCIA arbitration.
- Successfully obtaining an anti-suit injunction to prevent proceedings being issued in New York in breach of an arbitration clause.
Trainee Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Kings College London, LLB
BPP Law School, LPC