Shona has a broad commercial disputes practice, with a focus on corporate disputes. She deals with a wide range of claims including director/shareholder, partnership, offshore fund and contractual disputes.
Shona has experience in pursuing and defending complex, high value, multi-jurisdictional commercial cases involving alleged breaches of fiduciary duty, secret commissions, bribes, dishonest assistance and the diversion of business opportunities. Her work often involves obtaining or defending freezing injunctions.
She is a member of the Young Fraud Lawyers Association.
- Acting for the intermediary in the multi-billion dollar claim brought by the Libyan Investment Authority against Société Générale and others. The case involved issues of bribery and corruption, state litigation and privilege against self-incrimination.
- Acting for a Saudi prince in substantial and high profile shareholder dispute, involving cross unfair prejudice petitions and the assertion of sovereign immunity.
- Representing high net worth individuals in a multi-jurisdictional shareholder dispute over a Cayman investment fund which involved the setting aside of a worldwide freezing order and proprietary injunction, in part on the basis that the claims were likely to be barred by the "no reflective loss" principle.
- Representing a leading software company in defending an unfair prejudice petition.
- Advising an international shipping company in a corporate dispute following the attempted 'hijacking' of the company's register at Companies House.
- Acting for a private company to secure an order for specific performance of obligations owed by an exiting director/shareholder.
- Representing an individual to secure a profitable exit from a financial services partnership.
- Representing an individual to secure the release of a worldwide freezing order obtained against them by a global bank.
- Acting for an individual seller in a breach of warranty (tax warranty) claim.
- Advising an individual in defending proceedings brought by the Gambling Commission to revoke their personal management licence.
Associate, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Solicitor, Mishcon de Reya
Qualified, Mishcon de Reya
Kings' College London, MSc International Management